Author Topic: Blue Wave Balderdash  (Read 306 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Blue Wave Balderdash
« on: July 31, 2018, 04:58:17 pm »
July 30, 2018, 12:05 am

The media once again peddle Panglossian midterm predictions.
The blue wave is back! Having lost sight of that storied surge this spring, when Democratic prospects appeared to be ebbing, Beltway soothsayers have again spied a cerulean tsunami on the horizon. A sudden spate of “news” stories predict that the wrath of the resistance will wash away the Republican stain from the Speaker’s Chair in the House, and may even swamp the GOP’s Senate majority. CNN, for example, reports, “Every sign is pointing to a Democratic wave in November.” Unfortunately for the left, this wet dream is based on the claims of discredited forecasters, mercenary pollsters, and roundheel pundits.

Let’s begin with discredited forecasters. The above-quoted CNN story and most other media reports about the resurgent blue wave relied heavily on a recent analysis by Sabato’s Crystal Ball, which changed 17 House ratings in favor of the Democrats. CNN and the rest of the media reported this as if it had come from the lips of the Delphic Oracle. But Sabato’s prognostications invariably overestimate Democratic prospects. In 2014, for example, the Crystal Ball’s projections did so in every category — House, Senate, and Governorships. They did it again in 2016, as the Richmond Times Dispatch gleefully reports:

The final Crystal Ball had Democrat Hillary Clinton winning the White House with 322 electoral votes to 216 for Trump.… The Crystal Ball also projected that the Democrats and Republicans each would have 50 U.S. Senate seats and that U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine, as vice president, would have the tie-breaking vote.
https://spectator.org/blue-wave-balderdash/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Blue Wave Balderdash
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 06:00:36 pm »
Yep!  They are trying their best to make you believe that there is a blue wave coming and it will fail miserably!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 07:34:45 pm »
Yep!  They are trying their best to make you believe that there is a blue wave coming and it will fail miserably!

Hoping you'll forget what fools they made of themselves this spring after a few months off and buy it this time.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 07:38:48 pm »

:thumbsup: