Author Topic: Michael Cohen went to the worst law school in the country  (Read 645 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Michael Cohen went to the worst law school in the country

By Richard Johnson

July 29, 2018 | 9:15am

Michael Cohen AFP/Getty Images

Michael Cohen, who may be about to flip on President Trump, starting becoming disenchanted with his former client before the presidential election.

Sources say Cohen thought he deserved to be campaign manager when Paul Manafort was ousted. He later thought he should be Trump’s chief of staff or White House counsel.

“He’s bitter Trump didn’t give him a job,” said an insider.

One insider says Cohen used to tell people he went to law school in Michigan, implying he got his degree from the highly rated University of Michigan.

In fact, Cohen graduated from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, now affiliated with Western Michigan University and recently ranked the worst law school in the country by the National Advisory Council for Law School Transparency.

https://pagesix.com/2018/07/29/michael-cohen-went-to-the-worst-law-school-in-the-country/?_ga=2.87178270.785951468.1532940993-16119307.1532940993
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Michael Cohen went to the worst law school in the country
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 03:23:59 pm »
In before:

"Hires Only the best"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 05:07:23 pm »
I've known some people who graduated from inferior law schools who were actually very good.  Not everyone can afford Harvard. 

On the other hand, a firm I once worked for hired this young kid out of law school and assigned me to him as secretary.  It was explained to me that  he was hired as a favor to the CEO of one of the firm's corporate clients.  The kid was about to become the CEO's son-in-law.
He had been unable to find a position anywhere else, so this firm was taking him on.  I was told that since I was experienced, it was going to be up to me to make him a success. 

Well, I found out why he couldn't get a job anywhere else.  He graduated from a low level law school in Alabama that sounded like Stanford (Stamford?).  That might have been OK except that he graduated at the lower end of his class.  What's more -- he was lazy.  He learned that I could do research and draft briefs and other legal documents.  So he wanted me to do the work for him. 

Now that would have been OK, but I expected that he would review the work to be sure it was legally right.  After all, he was the law school graduate, not I.  Well, he wouldn't.  He submitted the work as his own to the supervising partner.  The partner would assume it was correct and have it filed.

This was wrong.  Among other things, I could have been accused of practicing law without a license.  Even if it was legal, it was unethical.  And if the work was wrong -- a client could potentially lose a major case and have to pay big bucks.  I can't imagine any client being happy to find out that he was paying for legal work done by a secretary instead of an attorney, especially if the work was wrong and the client lost the case. 

I complained to the HR guy who told me once again that I had to make this punk a success and to just do what I was told and shut up.  Finally, the inevitable happened.  A brief I had prepared contained case law that had been superseded.  Opposing counsel seized on it and was able to win the case.  The young kid was blamed for it, then was let go.  Last I heard he was representing lowlifes like drug dealers, robbers, rapists and murderers.  Also, I think his wife left him.  LOL

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 05:08:53 pm »
In before:

"Hires Only the best"

That meme went dead when he named Sessions as his AG.

Trump has hired a few good cabinet officers, but the turnover has been awful.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 05:10:41 pm »
@Applewood

I love stories with happy endings!   888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 05:13:58 pm »
Who gives a shit. This guy was a real estate attorney for Trump. Not anything that mattered.  333hit

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 06:51:39 pm »
Who gives a shit. This guy was a real estate attorney for Trump. Not anything that mattered.  333hit

I think Cohen was more than a real estate attorney.  As far as I know. duties like paying off a stripper or Playmate are not normally in a real estate attorney's job description.     And while you might not care, some people do.  Especially Trump. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 07:00:02 pm »
That meme went dead when he named Sessions as his AG.

Trump has hired a few good cabinet officers, but the turnover has been awful.

Just my opinion, but I think Trump expected Sessions to conduct a half-baked inquiry much like the ones run on Hillary, but Sessions punted and now there is this lengthy investigation by Mueller, who, by the way, I thought Trump personally named to head the investigation.  I guess Trump thought Mueller would do a halfway job too, but it looks like Mueller is taking his job seriously.  I don't believe he or Sessions are incompetent.  They just aren't willing to  be yes men for Trump and absolve him of wrongdoing automatically.