Author Topic: The 10 Most Destructive Americans of My 8 Decades  (Read 10622 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The 10 Most Destructive Americans of My 8 Decades
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 04:34:53 pm »
Doubtful.

Our political leaders are a reflection of the character of the people in our culture.

I guess that makes sense, since there's a lot of variety in our elected representatives.  (I don't consider them our leaders since I put more rigorous requirements on those whom I consider leaders.) 

But, how do you account for the fact that incumbents have such a phenomenally high rate of reelection?  Seems that if they reflected us, they would change with the whims of the society at large.

Sorry, I forgot to ping you @INVAR.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:41:34 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2018, 04:36:00 pm »
@edpc

If I was going to be picky I would have Woodrow Wilson high on the list as well.

I'm pretty pissed at C.A. Arthur for creating the "Civil Service" cocoon that has enabled the army of bureaucrats to eat out our substance.  But you're right, Wilson was probably in the top ten of rotten Presidents.  Thank Goodness the Senate had the good sense to refuse admission to the foolish LoN.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2018, 04:38:15 pm »
People learn from personal experience, and it's been a long time since 1989 (and RR had his faults, too).  I'm a little more optimistic, and that depends on how well the current occupant of the White House can sell those winning ideas.

A population that sees no use for principles or morality are NOT going to elect representatives that stand for morality and principles.

They will vote for whomever promises the most free shit, and/or promises the most retribution upon the people in this country they hate.  The rest will vote against the other, simply because the other is seen as worse and thus 'save the country'.

I find it fascinating that today, "Conservatives" choose to see no correlation any longer with the decline of biblical morality in the culture and despotic and moronic leaders whom beguile a people into voting them into power.  Like the Left, Republicans are just the other side  of a uniparty in whom the ends justifies whatever means are used to achieve power.

A morally fit and Constitutionally-minded people would never have let the devious on that list remain in power, or get away with doing what they did.  But - we are incrementally grown into a people who are wholly ignorant of our foundations and a people that will not fight for anything, except the right to get our rocks off without consequences, get subsidized by our neighbors, expand government to control every aspect of life, and use that government to punish and silence anything that offends us.

I highly doubt we are going to abolish the forms to which we have become accustomed.  Such is history and human nature, and a very rare thing that happens.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:39:22 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2018, 04:38:46 pm »
I guess that makes sense, since there's a lot of variety in our elected representatives.  (I don't consider them our leaders since I put more rigorous requirements on those whom I consider leaders.) 

But, how do you account for the fact that incumbents have such a phenomenally high rate of reelection?  Seems that if they reflected us, they would change with the whims of the society at large.

They reflect the whims of the voters who have gained the most from their thievery.  They have a vested interest in returning these garden slugs to office, in order to keep robbing the rest of the country on their behalf.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2018, 04:39:13 pm »
Haven't read the whole thing but both my son and son-in-law always wear a Jimi Hendrix cap.  Not sure why.

Because he was a musical genius who fundamtally changed (improved) rock?  (And sorry about not catching the autocorrect, yes, I know it is 'Jimi' before anyone corrects me).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2018, 04:40:38 pm »
They will vote for whomever promises the most free shit, and/or promises the most retribution upon the people in this country they hate.  The rest will vote against the other, simply because the other is seen as worse and thus 'save the country'.
----------------------
I highly doubt we are going to abolish the forms to which we have become accustomed.  Such is history and human nature, and a very rare thing that happens.

You'll get no argument from me on that, Brother @INVAR.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2018, 04:43:09 pm »
They reflect the whims of the voters who have gained the most from their thievery.  They have a vested interest in returning these garden slugs to office, in order to keep robbing the rest of the country on their behalf.

That explains some of it, but not all of the incumbency reelection rate.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2018, 04:45:44 pm »
Great List.

Agree with those who say FDR and WW should be there.

Two of the most destructive individuals in American History.

(Not sure about the inclusion of Mark Felt).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2018, 04:50:39 pm »
That explains some of it, but not all of the incumbency reelection rate.

I think "The devil you know vs. the Devil you don't" is a large factor, too.  Plus the normal advantages of incumbency, like the pork barrel and advantage in fund raising.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:53:34 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2018, 04:53:18 pm »
Great List.

Agree with those who say FDR and WW should be there.

Two of the most destructive individuals in American History.

(Not sure about the inclusion of Mark Felt).

The Mark Felt thing represented the weaponizing of a Federal Agency (the FBI) for political reasons.  It was ironic, because it was Felt's target who remains accused of that.  That weaponizing underwent quantum growth under Clinton and Obastard.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2018, 04:57:27 pm »
I think "The devil you know vs. the Devil you don't" is a large factor, too.  Plus the normal advantages of incumbency, like the pork barrel and advantage in fund raising.

True, and in that case it's not a situation where "Our political leaders are a reflection of the character of the people in our culture".  They are a reflection of a vested few.  A very few in many cases.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2018, 05:15:44 pm »
True, and in that case it's not a situation where "Our political leaders are a reflection of the character of the people in our culture".  They are a reflection of a vested few.  A very few in many cases.

It's a reflection of a majority of voters who show up at the polls, and nothing else.  They are the ones with a self interest in the status quo, for whatever their motivation.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:16:27 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2018, 05:18:59 pm »
It's a reflection of a majority of voters who show up at the polls, and nothing else.  They are the ones with a self interest in the status quo, for whatever their motivation.

I think the effects of the "system", the one created by the elected office-holders, has to be considered too.  As with most things in life, it's not a level playing field, and in fact a greatly distorted one. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2018, 05:22:13 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

I beg to differ with you here.  The Washington elites have gotten really good at controlling who we are allowed to elect to "represent" us.  But, in the end, I suppose it's still the voters for being so stupid as to fall for that crap.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2018, 05:23:17 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I beg to differ with you here.  The Washington elites have gotten really good at controlling who we are allowed to elect to "represent" us.  But, in the end, I suppose it's still the voters for being so stupid as to fall for that crap.

I was beginning to wonder where you were on this topic, @Bigun.   ^-^

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2018, 05:23:29 pm »
I think the effects of the "system", the one created by the elected office-holders, has to be considered too.  As with most things in life, it's not a level playing field, and in fact a greatly distorted one.

@sanquine

You bet your sweet bippy it is!   888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2018, 05:25:31 pm »
I was beginning to wonder where you were on this topic, @Bigun.   ^-^

@sanquine

You already knew!   ****slapping

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 05:28:09 pm »

I'lll give you a few:

Money.  Money and free shit.  When you are Santa Claus, handing out other people's money to you, your company or your group, you'll make sure to keep whomever is funneling dough to you, in power so they can continue to give it to you.

Stability.  People by and large do not like change.  If some incumbent has been there for decades, being supported by the movers and shakers of the district because he funds their stuff - he will remain in office as long as he desires, even to the point of 'their seat' somehow belonging to them personally.

Ignorance.  You have a population and electorate wholly ignorant of our foundations, our foundational documents or any understanding of why they were written as they were. Ever watch those 'man on the street' interviews asking poli-sci students at universities about the Constitution, the Founders and politics?  It's frightening.  Dumb as a box of rocks.  Yet they know everything there is to know about Kanye West or the Kardashians. Those are kids going into political activism if not politics itself.   God says His people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.  That is not only a proverb - but a warning.  We have not listened.

Also consider that this people have itching ears and desire to hear only what they want to hear.  Politicians prey on their emotions and passions and either exploit that or represent the avaricies, resentments, greeds, jealousies and wants of their districts/wards.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 05:31:54 pm »
@INVAR @Sanguine @Bigun

We are all on the same page here!   Let's bang some glasses!  :beer: :beer: :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2018, 05:33:58 pm »
@INVAR @Sanguine @Bigun

We are all on the same page here!   Let's bang some glasses!  :beer: :beer: :beer:

Gladly!  Wish the circle was greatly larger!   :beer: :beer: :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2018, 05:34:37 pm »
@edpc

If I was going to be picky I would have Woodrow Wilson high on the list as well.

Beer!
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2018, 05:34:40 pm »
@INVAR @Sanguine @Bigun

How bout we bang some heads and then we'll all meet back at the local saloon
and raise up our glasses against evil forces
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2018, 05:36:43 pm »
How bout we bang some heads and then we'll all meet back at the local saloon
and raise up our glasses against evil forces

I'm up for that as well!  Been working on the idea for some time in fact!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2018, 05:41:56 pm »
Because he was a musical genius who fundamtally changed (improved) rock?  (And sorry about not catching the autocorrect, yes, I know it is 'Jimi' before anyone corrects me).

My son-in-law was in a rock band in better days and my son is a total music aficionado so maybe that's why.

I know you knew it was Jimi
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2018, 05:46:15 pm »
@sanquine

You already knew!   ****slapping

Just gigging you.  :laugh:  To use the expression from my neighbors south of me.