Author Topic: Giuliani attacks Cohen over Trump Tower report: He's a 'pathological liar'  (Read 642 times)

Online corbe

Giuliani attacks Cohen over Trump Tower report: He's a 'pathological liar'

By Jacqueline Thomsen  - 07/26/18 10:09 PM EDT

President Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani lashed out at Trump’s former longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen on Thursday night, questioning his credibility and calling him a "pathological liar."

Giuliani ripped into Cohen during an appearance on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time" after the network reported on Cohen's claims that Trump had advance knowledge of a 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Trump campaign officials and a Russian lawyer.

“He’s been lying all week, he’s been lying for years,” Giuliani said of Cohen.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399129-giuliani-attacks-cohen-after-trump-tower-report-hes-a-pathological
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's what it looks like for now. 

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

Giuliani attacks Cohen over Trump Tower report: He's a 'pathological liar'

By Jacqueline Thomsen  - 07/26/18 10:09 PM EDT

President Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani lashed out at Trump’s former longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen on Thursday night, questioning his credibility and calling him a "pathological liar."

Giuliani ripped into Cohen during an appearance on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time" after the network reported on Cohen's claims that Trump had advance knowledge of a 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Trump campaign officials and a Russian lawyer.

“He’s been lying all week, he’s been lying for years,” Giuliani said of Cohen.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399129-giuliani-attacks-cohen-after-trump-tower-report-hes-a-pathological

And yet his lies were just fine when it served Trump's goals. I don't believe any of these guys. They've burned whatever credibility they may have once had a long time ago.

Online DB

Its like a bunch of pigs in the mud pointing at each other yelling that the other stinks... Best to stay away from the pigsty all together...

Online corbe

You have to admit this type of behavior is unprecedented in the Lawyer world, attacking their fellow species. /s

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Jake Tapper @jaketapper
3 hours ago

Cohen has lied all his life? On whose behalf?

WouldOrWouldn'tHat @Popehat
4 hours ago

It's part of the human condition to hire stupid, sleazy lawyers, explains Rudy Giuliani entirely unselfconsciously.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 04:58:06 am by Once-Ler »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
That was before we discovered he secretly taped conversations of Trump.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

They knew about it long before the public did and said nothing.  The tapes were deemed privileged by the retired judge appointed special master.  The legal team for Trump waived privilege on the dozen or so recordings.  Otherwise, we'd likely never know about it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They knew about it long before the public did and said nothing.  The tapes were deemed privileged by the retired judge appointed special master.  The legal team for Trump waived privilege on the dozen or so recordings.  Otherwise, we'd likely never know about it.

You forgot one very important detail there @edpc!  They waived privilege only AFTER the tapes had already been released!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

You forgot one very important detail there @edpc!  They waived privilege only AFTER the tapes had already been released!

Nope.  The privilege was waived on July 20 and Giuliani came out with his exculpatory comments that same afternoon.  Prior to that, its existence was rumor.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:39:29 pm by edpc »