Author Topic: Longtime radio hosts off air after calling New Jersey attorney general: "Turban Man"!  (Read 311 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
  Turban Man!   

Two New Jersey radio hosts have been yanked off the air after repeatedly referring to the nation’s first and only Sikh-American attorney general as “turban man.”

WKXW hosts Dennis Malloy and Judi Franco made the controversial comments Wednesday on “The Dennis & Judi Show” during a segment about Attorney General Gurbir Grewal’s recent order to suspend marijuana prosecutions in the state.

The station said Malloy, a New Jersey Broadcasters Hall of Fame inductee who has hosted the show with Franco for more than 20 years, told her he couldn't remember Grewal's name. Malloy then said, "I'm just going to say the guy with the turban" and the hosts, after that, continued to call him "Turban Man," it added.

The hosts acknowledged the offensive nature of their remarks -- for the most part.

“If that offends you, then don’t wear the turban and maybe I’ll remember your name,” Malloy said, according to FOX5 NY.

http://foxnews.com/us/2018/07/26/longtime-radio-hosts-off-air-after-calling-new-jersey-attorney-general-by-abhorrent-and-xenophobic-nickname.html

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.