Author Topic: Why we should take UFO sightings seriously  (Read 667 times)

rangerrebew

Why we should take UFO sightings seriously
« on: July 21, 2018, 04:55:06 pm »

Cosmos Conversation Space 10 July 2018
Why we should take UFO sightings seriously

Physicist and former NASA researcher Kevin Knuth argues that blanket skepticism about extraterrestrial craft is not sustainable.

Are we alone? Unfortunately, neither of the answers feel satisfactory. To be alone in this vast universe is a lonely prospect. On the other hand, if we are not alone and there is someone or something more powerful out there, that too is terrifying.

As a NASA research scientist and now a professor of physics, I attended the 2002 NASA Contact Conference, which focused on serious speculation about extraterrestrials. During the meeting a concerned participant said loudly in a sinister tone, “You have absolutely no idea what is out there!” The silence was palpable as the truth of this statement sunk in. Humans are fearful of extraterrestrials visiting Earth. Perhaps fortunately, the distances between the stars are prohibitively vast. At least this is what we novices, who are just learning to travel into space, tell ourselves.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/space/why-we-should-take-ufo-sightings-seriously

Offline Victoria33

Re: Why we should take UFO sightings seriously
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 05:20:42 pm »
@rangerrebew

At one time I had all the books written about Roswell, NM.  In fact, I have been there in their museum about the incident.  I have a copy of the newspaper there that came out a day or so after the event happened. There may be one more book published later that I don't have.  I will have to check that and get any newer ones.  I have an open mind about that and other incidents if pilots are involved seeing them.  Oh, and I have the book Barney and his wife (think that is the husband's name - it's been a long time ago), wrote about their abduction.  Again, I have an open mind about it but Barney and wife stretch my belief that happened; however, maybe it did.

I reject the idea that demons and fallen angels and extra-terrestrials are living among us in plain sight.  Surely they would have done something in this long length of time I have been here.  I don't believe there is an entire city under the south pole where these types live right now and our military is in this city with them.  If they come forward with such an alien,etc., we can see, okay, but until then I don't believe it.

In any case, I will continue to live the way I have for all these years. I doubt they would be interested in any one particular person.  It is more likely Russia or North Korea, and North Korea more likely, that they screw up our electronics, including our power grid, shut it down, with a nuclear blast high in our atmosphere, and nothing works in this country anymore.  That is a real threat to our existence.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 05:37:40 pm »
We are alone, get over it.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 05:40:53 pm »
We are alone, get over it.

It's all Trumps fault  that aliens don't want to visit us anymore.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 05:43:10 pm »
It's all Trumps fault  that aliens don't want to visit us anymore.

I just find it funny that many who refuse to believe in a Creator, believe in little green aliens.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 05:49:44 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 07:38:53 pm »
I just find it funny that many who refuse to believe in a Creator, believe in little green aliens.
Everyone knows, God didn't make little green aliens :Aliens: