Author Topic: Colonel Sanders' family defends him amid Papa John's scandal  (Read 327 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:
Colonel Sanders' family defends him amid Papa John's scandal
Lucy Handley 10 hrs ago

<snipped>

Then on Friday, Schnatter told Louisville radio station WHAS that he was “just talking the way that the Colonel talked.”

Colonel Sanders’ grandson Trigg Adams told the Louisville Courier Journal on Wednesday that it is “an absolute lie” that Sanders used the racial slur or any other racially offensive words.

“He’s a weasel,” Adams said about Schnatter, the Courier Journal reported. “Because he's prejudiced, he’s trying to say somebody else was, too. (Sanders) had absolutely no prejudice against anybody.” Sanders, who died in 1980, donated more than $20 million to charities, including to black churches, Adams added.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/colonel-sanders-family-defends-him-amid-papa-johns-scandal/ar-AAAitvn?OCID=ansmsnnews11

That's an interesting take.

FWIW, and I can't say what I'd do in a real situation but it might not be charitable to talk about people who died 30 years ago, lived in a different time and say nail them for something they said. On top of this, maybe the good Colonel said none of these types of things to begin with.

I read one of Dave Thomas's books, the man who started Wendy's. DT's real start in fast food was with Kentucky Fried Chicken, KFC.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Colonel Sanders' family defends him amid Papa John's scandal
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 12:01:22 am »
I'll bet that even while he was alive, KFC with Harlan Sanders, employed a lot of black people.

And back then, it was Kentucky Fried Chicken not KFC.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:01:55 am by TomSea »