Author Topic: Just Like Obama, Trump’s Russia Policy Speaks Louder Than His Words  (Read 286 times)

Online corbe

Just Like Obama, Trump’s Russia Policy Speaks Louder Than His Words

Former president of Russian target Georgia: After a lifetime of firsthand experience with Russian aggression, I must evaluate Trump’s actions against the historical context. In doing so, I find Trump’s actions speak for themselves.

By Mikheil Saakashvili   
July 18, 2018

Following Monday’s summit in Helsinki, many American pundits and lawmakers on both sides of the aisle criticized President Trump for what they perceived as his failure to hold Russian President Vladimir Putin accountable for interfering in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) slammed Trump’s “shameful” performance, and former Central Intelligence Agency director John Brennan went so far as to call Putin the “master puppeteer” of the Oval Office.

Some may expect me to lend my voice to this chorus of condemnation. After all, I have personally experienced the devastating consequences of Putin’s expansionism. In 2008, when I was the president of Georgia, Russia shocked the world by invading my country. To this day, one-fifth of Georgia’s territory remains under illegal Russian occupation, and Georgia lacks a clear roadmap to NATO membership.

The Helsinki summit did not change my view of the Russian president. As I have reiterated many times, Putin is pure evil. There is no doubt in my mind that U.S. intelligence agencies arrived at the correct conclusion: Russia did meddle in the U.S. 2016 election, and Putin himself directed the operation. Again, I speak from personal experience on this topic: In 2012, Russian intelligence services interfered in the Georgian parliamentary elections, boosting the Kremlin’s preferred candidate through disinformation operations.

<..snip..>

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/18/just-like-obama-trumps-russia-policy-speaks-louder-words/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump cannot send a clear, concise and cogent message or stick to a specific policy that is understandable and rock-solid - even if some of his actions can be attributed to a change of direction from Obama's.

Trump changes like the wind in stupid tweets and comments, does 180's faster than nuclear centrifuges and all of it seems to stem from the fact that he will publicly be 'nice' to whomever is 'nice' to him, and then depending on his mood and what group he is in front of, trash the same person/policy he just praised in front of the cameras.

Just like NYC liberals do.

Nice to your face, and then an icehole when you are not around and vice-versa.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775