Author Topic: George Soros calls Obama 'greatest disappointment,' says he doesn't 'particularly want to be a Democ  (Read 682 times)

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
New York billionaire George Soros said former President Barack Obama was his “greatest disappointment,” during a wide-ranging interview with the New York Times published on Tuesday, while also appearing to distance himself from partisan politics.

The wealthy liberal donor, who was an early supporter of Obama’s 2008 presidential run, told The Times that Obama was “actually my greatest disappointment,” before he was reportedly prompted by an aide to clarify that he was dissatisfied on a “professional level,” rather than with his presidency.

At another part of the interview, he told the paper that Obama "closed the door" on him after he secured the presidency.

[excerpted]

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/18/george-soros-calls-obama-greatest-disappointment-says-doesnt-particularly-want-to-be-democrat.html
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

I'm sorry the interviewer didn't ask Soros when he was planning to pass away.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Soros has another opportunity to destroy the US by backing a certain airhead from the Bronx.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Victoria33

"Soros has contributed upwards of $15 million to support Democrats in the midterm elections, and told the paper for every Trump supporter "there is more than one Trump enemy who will be more intent, more determined."

When asked about where he views his political ideology, Soros told The Times 'I’m opposed to the extreme left,' he said. 'It should stop trying to keep up with the extremists on the right'.”

It appears he is "in" for the midterm election, already given $15 million.  I can't imagine having so much money that $15 million means nothing to him.

I suppose he is not a Trump person so he will likely give even more money to Dems before the election.  I don't keep up with rich people so I don't know if there are other billionaires who will give Dems millions more money.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't know if it's Soros money that the dems are pouring into Texas to support Beto O'Rourke.

I hope not, because Soros money is a bottomless pit.  I hope they are draining all their own resources in this futile attempt to get rid of Ted Cruz.

And who bought Beto the dress?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Considering the economy and filibuster-proof Congress, it is pretty remarkable how little permanent damage 0bama did achieve. Soros should have sprung for a copy of Presiding for Dummies, though I'm sure he knew 0bama would be too lazy to read it unless it showed up on his teleprompter.

BTW, what exactly is the difference between being dissatisfied "professionally" and being dissatisfied with his presidency? Sounds like a distinction only Bill Clinton could discern...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Hoodat

Seriously, what did Soros expect from a guy who couldn't earn a promotion to a full time position as  Associate Professor after twelve years as a college lecturer.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Does anyone know of which country Soros is a citizen?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
George Soros calls obama 'greatest disappointment,' says he doesn't 'particularly want to be a democrat'...

Of course not, George.

obama was first and always a communist, and remains one.

As do YOU.