Author Topic: Mueller Asks Manafort Judge To Immunize Five Witnesses  (Read 1932 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Mueller Asks Manafort Judge To Immunize Five Witnesses
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 03:02:52 pm »
Asking for it is the same thing as granting it if the judge complies with your request!

No, it's not.  He could do it himself, with a plea deal, if he wanted to.  That's what transpired with Gates.  These witnesses are a luxury, likely to give additional testimony to evidence that will be presented or rebut points by the defense.  If they were essential to the case, they'd be handled quite differently.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 03:06:40 pm »

No, it's not.  He could do it himself, with a plea deal, if he wanted to.  That's what transpired with Gates.  These witnesses are a luxury, likely to give additional testimony to evidence that will be presented or rebut points by the defense.  If they were essential to the case, they'd be handled quite differently.

Sorry, no dice. Mueller is giving himself cover from political heat in giving them a deal by putting it in the hands of the judge.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2018, 03:07:09 pm »

So, are you saying that this is just a mechanism to give immunity to the Podesta brothers?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2018, 03:08:46 pm »
Sorry, no dice. Mueller is giving himself cover from political heat in giving them a deal by putting it in the hands of the judge.

Yep!  that's exactly what he's doing and it's transparent as hell!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 03:13:22 pm »

Why would he care?  He's already quite publicly reached plea deals with multiple people who will offer evidence and/or testimony in various cases.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.