Author Topic: Still waiting for the outrage on Mexico's (and everyone else's) election meddling  (Read 324 times)

Offline endicom

American Thinker
Monica Showalter
July 17, 2018

With all the treason-shrieking and media howls about supposed Russian interference in the 2016 election, it was refreshing to hear Fox News host Tucker Carlson pour some cold water onto this fever swamp. Here was Carlson, last night:

[...]

Carlson brings some needed perspective to what goes on in international affairs:  Nations don’t have friends, or even enemies; just interests. There was a famous quote from 19th century U.K. Prime Minister Lord Palmerston that phrased it well: “England has no eternal friends, England has no perpetual enemies, England has only eternal and perpetual interests.”

By contrast, America is the home of one of the most laughed-at ideas that goes on in international affairs – and we can still see traces of it in the current Trump-Putin hysteria: Harry Stimson’s claim against spying on the grounds that “gentlemen do not read each other’s mail.”

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/still_waiting_for_the_outrage_on_mexicos_and_everyone_elses_election_meddling.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Still waiting for the outrage on Mexico's (and everyone else's) election meddling
American Thinker, Jul 17, 2018, Monica Showalter

<snip>

Here is what I wrote about the Mexican case earlier:

Mexico has done amazing amounts of meddling in our elections, particularly the last one.  It was the only nation that openly advertised to its nationals to come over to its diplomatic consulates (not places U.S. nationals are allowed to go to) and register to vote in U.S. elections, something that in California undoubtedly led to a lot of Mexican nationals voting and the resulting cancelation of Americans' votes, meaning the disenfranchisement of American voters.  That's a foreign policy objective for them.

California, understand, does not check if voters are illegal and on its voter signature form and has slyly changed its "I certify I am a U.S. citizen" to "I certify I am a U.S. resident" to avoid prosecuting illegals for voting.  Mexico knows this well.  With Mexico registering the voters of what is not its own country, but a foreign country, you can bet a lot of illegal voting has come courtesy of the Mexican government.

The Mexicans also had a government-linked entity run ads in their own country urging their nationals to encourage their American relatives (not distinguishing citizen from non-citizen) to vote here in the U.S. – for Democrats, of course.

That's a heckuva a lot of meddling and a lot more than the computer hacks, the piddly Facebook ads, and the uncertainty sown by RT News, which is about the extent of this.

The big, big players, in fact, were, surprise, the U.K. and Australia, America's purported closest allies.

Read more:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/still_waiting_for_the_outrage_on_mexicos_and_everyone_elses_election_meddling.html

Offline endicom

Topics merged.