Author Topic: George W Bush: ‘I’m Disturbed’ by Immigration ‘Debate Taking Place’  (Read 6986 times)

Offline skeeter

All this GWB hate, hindsight is always 20/20. 
   His only two halfway credible challengers in 2000 was McCain and Keyes, whom he rolled over. 
   In 2004 he had no one up against him. So other than voting for Gore or Kerry, who were republicans gonna vote for?
   The GOP continued 'Stupid', as usual, with McCain and Romney in 2008 and 2012. 
    Can't help but notice the Trumpers seem to relish is this revisionist shit about past GOP Presidential Candidates ignoring those among us that believe we faced the same $hit decision in 2016.

At least those criticizing bush have the benefit of hindsight.

Speaking for myself if Trump turns out to be as bad I’ll be as hard on him.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

As will I.

But in the meantime...WTF is everybody's excuse? 

...rhetorical.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

I believe that @skeeter I peg you as a Man that swims in integrity.
   I'll admit that I have been enormously brutal on the President, thus far, still harboring some 2016 butthurt but I'm coming around to accepting his 'style', thought still a bit apprehensive of his ideology.
   He's all we got right now, I want him to continue to #MAGA on, the alternative is anarchy, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

I have never been more delighted at the results of an election than I was when W beat Gore in 2000.

Now I cannot stand the sight of the man.

I agree.     :patriot:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

I'll admit that I have been enormously brutal on the President, thus far, still harboring some 2016 butthurt but I'm coming around to accepting his 'style', thought still a bit apprehensive of his ideology.
   He's all we got right now, I want him to continue to #MAGA on, the alternative is anarchy, IMHO.

:beer:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Persecution of Christians began almost immediately upon the US intervention in Iraq it just became worse under Obama.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/08/the-forgotten-assyrian-christians/

Yes.  As evil as Saddam was the Christians were better off with him.  What followed has been genocide.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

That is true.  We have him and the alternative is anarchy.  I am not buying any hat, but if he continues to represent Americans I can see myself standing up for him.  He has to come through on immigration in a bigger bigly way.  That means standing up to liberals and some "Republicans" like Bush.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
IMO, it was Barbara Bush who demanded the Bush family stay on the high road, as Southern gentlemen, etc..

It was their opinion that history would treat GWB kindly.

You cannot blame GWB for what Pres. Obama did in Iraq.  He envisioned a stabilizing military force left in Iraq, as troops do today in Germany.

Thank you, @DCPatriot for all your good posts regarding the Bushes, especially George W.

You are really brave to hang in with truth with all these people getting their jollies out of trashing a good man.  I do believe they are kinder to Hillary and Obama.

I can't do it.  It makes me sick to read their posts, but I admire you for doing it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Thank you, @DCPatriot for all your good posts regarding the Bushes, especially George W.

You are really brave to hang in with truth with all these people getting their jollies out of trashing a good man.  I do believe they are kinder to Hillary and Obama.

I can't do it.  It makes me sick to read their posts, but I admire you for doing it.

That's a "cotton picking lie".   :silly:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:23:30 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline dfwgator

The sad truth is, knowing what I know now, I'd still have to vote for Bush over Gore or Kerry.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I have never been more delighted at the results of an election than I was when W beat Gore in 2000.

Now I cannot stand the sight of the man.

I know... @skeeter I stood on the sidewalk for hours waving a "Sore/Loserman" poster for this idiot.

I remember Jenna Bush got married what a weird ceremony it was. The pastor was some wacko who endorsed Obama that recently got caught money laundering and wire fraud. The whole family just seemed almost left wing eventually.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:06:41 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mrclose

You Bush Lovers ... Tell me again why we shouldn't despise these people!

Former President George H.W. Bush has a blunt assessment of Donald Trump: "He's a blowhard." And his son, former President George W. Bush, has harsh words for his Republican successor as well: "This guy doesn't know what it means to be president."

CNN confirmed that 'the last Republicans' both voted for Hillary Clinton for president.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/11/04/george_w_bush_donald_trump_doesnt_know_what_it_means_to_be_president.html

Former US Republican President George Bush Sr has confirmed he voted for Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election, labelling Donald Trump a "blowhard".

His son, George W Bush, said he worries that "I will be the last Republican president", even though President Trump is a Republican.

"This guy doesn't know what it means to be president," the younger man said.

The pair's comments come from a new book, titled The Last Republicans.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41871958

And these idiots call themselves the last republicans after they admit voting for Hillary?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:45:50 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Can't help but notice the Trumpers seem to relish is this revisionist shit about past GOP Presidential Candidates ignoring those among us that believe we faced the same $hit decision in 2016.

@corbe

And that kind of "thinking" is what makes you and your fellow Bots insane.

Here you are,actually comparing Trump to that homosexual mama's boy and traitor Boy Jorge Bush.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
IMO, it was Barbara Bush who demanded the Bush family stay on the high road, as Southern gentlemen, etc..

It was their opinion that history would treat GWB kindly.

You cannot blame GWB for what Pres. Obama did in Iraq.  He envisioned a stabilizing military force left in Iraq, as troops do today in Germany.

@DCPatriot

Want to buy some magic beans?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Emjay

And why not? Neither Bubbette! or Bathhouse Barry were anything other than the traitors they claimed to be.

The Bush Crime Family have always been traitors pretending to be patriots.

Offline DCPatriot

@Emjay

And why not? Neither Bubbette! or Bathhouse Barry were anything other than the traitors they claimed to be.

@sneakypete

In all the years you've been here, this is the ONLY issue with which we've disagreed.

I'm going to hang on that, rather than lock horns with you.    :beer:

No matter how ridiculous on its face, no trolling insult will get a rise out of me. 

George W. Bush was the 'Silver Medal' winner for best presidents in my lifetime.

In less than 2 years, Donald Trump wrestled it from him...and now he's going for the 'Gold'.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@Emjay

5,000 GIs dead in W's 2 wars which he never had any intention of winning, and our people are still dying in those s##tholes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Iraq+and+Afghanistan+US+Death+total&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

When you ask our service men and women to Die or be Crippled for Life you owe them, At Least, a complete and total Victory for such sacrifice.

Not a political victory (you got Saddam) but a Real Victory.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
Can't win a religious war by trying to separate the family/friends/enablers from the active combatants.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I see W as a guy without a soul, frankly. What principles or strongly held beliefs has the guy stood on? I remember Jonah Goldberg criticized Trump for having "no ideological guardrails". Well shit, what "ideological guardrails" did W had? He woulda' been a communist if the cocktail crowd wanted it in 2007.

• Wulf Anson Author
@sneakypete

"This installation has a substantial dollar value attached to it."

! No longer available

Offline DCPatriot

5,000 GIs dead in W's 2 wars which he never had any intention of winning, and our people are still dying in those s##tholes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Iraq+and+Afghanistan+US+Death+total&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

When you ask our service men and women to Die or be Crippled for Life you owe them, At Least, a complete and total Victory for such sacrifice.

Come on, man.

At the time, NOBODY 'saw' Barack Obama's presidency coming around the corner.

It was assumed that Hillary would be the DEM Nominee in 2008. 

But the panel somewhere pulling the strings decided that the best way to bring down the Constitution as written, the REAL goal here..was to offer a handsome black man in sharply creased pants.  THE Manchurian President.

Look what he did in addition to purposefully killing the Status of Forces Agreement (SOF) in Iraq, leaving it unprotected from within and Iran.

*  He and Hillary sided with the Muslim Brotherhood in an attempt to radicalize Egypt.  Only a general with balls prevented it.

*  He and Hillary with cooperation from a look-the-other-way mainstream media, murdered Gaddafi...attempting to install Sidney Blumenthal as the import/export hub for future 'business'

* And then there's the Iran Deal. 

Enough said.

The "REAL VICTORY" to which you allude, happened Nov 2016.

If Hillary had won, I'm convinced that by now, the 2nd Amendment would be history.  And quite possibly, strict enforcement of their "Fairness Doctrine' would be the new law of the land and FOXNEWS...and TheBriefingRoom may not exist.

Don't kid yourselves.

The ONLY reason Hillary is walking around is because she has files on EVERYBODY.  Either has them or has access to them with a mouse click.

And I also believe there are many 'Enemy Lists' compiled already.

THAT's the 'bullet' we dodged, with a Donald Trump presidency, folks.   I'm convinced of that.

Offline DCPatriot

Can't win a religious war by trying to separate the family/friends/enablers from the active combatants.

Exactly.

‘I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you ***k with me, I’ll kill you all.’  Gen.James Mattis

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem was that there with Baathist, Sunni and Shia  sects in Iraq.    Hatfield vs McCoy cubed.

They toppled Saddam's statue in about twenty days.  No big deal.

But the bloodletting that followed and still goes on today is because of Obama/Hillary.  Not George W. Bush.

I've got tons of pics of Iraqis smiling with purple fingers...little children waving American flags...crowds of them running alongside American GIs.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

At the time, NOBODY 'saw' Barack Obama's presidency coming around the corner.  It was assumed that Hillary would be the DEM Nominee in 2008. 

But the panel somewhere pulling the strings decided that the best way to bring down the Constitution as written, the REAL goal here..was to offer a handsome black man in sharply creased pants.  THE Manchurian President.

Look what he did in addition to purposefully killing the Status of Forces Agreement (SOF) in Iraq, leaving it unprotected from within and Iran.

*  He and Hillary sided with the Muslim Brotherhood in an attempt to radicalize Egypt.  Only a general with balls prevented it.

*  He and Hillary with cooperation from a look-the-other-way mainstream media, murdered Gaddafi...attempting to install Sidney Blumenthal as the import/export hub for future 'business'

* And then there's the Iran Deal.   

Do you have a link to GWB speaking out against Obama's and Hillary's military and geopolitical decisions in the Middle East?  The Iran Deal?  The pullout from Iraq?  The changes in ROE?  The Obama team siding with Muslim countries over Israel?  Iran's ascension filling Saddam's void?

Do you have a link to GWB speaking out against Obama separating illegal immigrant families or keeping them in cages made comfortable with foil blankets?

Do you have a link to GWB supporting the President's demand that NATO members pay their fair share?

Do you have a link to GWB supporting the Trump tax cuts and changes?  Has GWB applauded President Trump's slashing of business regulations and acknowledged the economic boom in the making?

Do you have anything to support GWB has half the respect he has for Obama and both Clintons for President Trump?  His agenda?  His accomplishments?

Has he given any hint why he was silent for eight years and has sprung to life only to diminish our sitting President?

If so, please share @DCPatriot

(All questions asked with love ^-^ )

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:02:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

Do you have a link to GWB speaking out against Obama's and Hillary's military and geopolitical decisions in the Middle East?  The Iran Deal?  The pullout from Iraq?  The changes in ROE?  The Obama team siding with Muslim countries over Israel?  Iran's ascension filling Saddam's void?

Do you have a link to GWB speaking out against Obama separating illegal immigrant families or keeping them in cages made comfortable with foil blankets?

Do you have a link to GWB supporting the President's demand that NATO members pay their fair share?

Do you have a link to GWB supporting the Trump tax cuts and changes?  Has GWB applauded President Trump's slashing of business regulations and acknowledged the economic boom in the making?

Do you have anything to support GWB has half the respect he has for Obama and both Clintons for President Trump?  His agenda?  His accomplishments?

Has he given any hint why he was silent for eight years and has sprung to life only to diminish our sitting President?

If so, please share @DCPatriot

(All questions asked with love ^-^ )

Please don't misunderstand.   

I've already said, that the reason George W. Bush did not speak up to defend himself or offer opinions on current events was because his mother forbid it.

Once 'Dad' passes, he's going to come out swinging...figuratively speaking, of course.

I've always said, the one thing I hated about their administration was thinking by keeping silent in the face of the 24/7 attacks, was going to 'win hearts and minds'.

It's why I love Donald Trump.

He's not a politician.  And he sure as hell, isn't a diplomat.  He's a businessman, whose business is the welfare of the American People and the Constitution of the US.

And so far, the SOB is putting up Hall of Fame numbers.    :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Boy Jorge may be a light in the loafers mama's boy with no balls of his own,but I honestly believe he really does mourn those losses.

I also believe with every fiber of my being he is the only one in his family that gives a damn about anything but wealth and power.

Babs,"Beautiful Minds" Bush sure doesn't give a damn about them,and she was the boss of the family.