Author Topic: George W Bush: ‘I’m Disturbed’ by Immigration ‘Debate Taking Place’  (Read 6985 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
G. W. Bush is the only man to ever occupy the Whitehouse that I personally know (from his days as Texas Governor) and he turns out to be a total disappointment.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

G. W. Bush is the only man to ever occupy the Whitehouse that I personally know (from his days as Texas Governor) and he turns out to be a total disappointment.
That is sad.  I think he is a genuine human being, but severely misguided.  Likely from his upbringing as a Blue Blood.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That is sad.  I think he is a genuine human being, but severely misguided.  Likely from his upbringing as a Blue Blood.

The fruit never falls far from the tree does it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

Must have been nice to have a father who could bail you out whenever the SHTF.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

rangerrebew

Come on people, he's probably got a form of PTSD from the passing of his mother. 8888crybaby  Too bad he doesn't have the same love of America as did his mother. :truce:

Offline mrclose

Saying anything negative about the guy was an insta-zot on freakrepublic circa 2004 or so.
It got you chewed out by Bushie supporters here too for a while! :whistle:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline rustynail

George, don't you have some paint by numbers to fill in?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Two dozen posts ragging on George W. Bush.

smh....

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

smh....

That generally happens when you are exposed as a fraud and an all around sack of shit.

Offline DCPatriot

That generally happens when you are exposed as a fraud and an all around sack of shit.

Excuse me... 2-1/2 dozen plus.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

Excuse me... 2-1/2 dozen plus.

BTW were you ever able to do some more research on our new friends the Taliban?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I have never been more delighted at the results of an election than I was when W beat Gore in 2000.

Now I cannot stand the sight of the man.

Same here.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online cato potatoe

But it really bugs me that Bush is speaking out now.  He kept quiet during all the disastrous Obama years. 

He still brags about keeping quiet though.  He needs to make up his mind and stick to a plan.  Supposedly, he was good at that.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I knew that whole Crawford Ranch stuff was nothing but a staged attempt to keep that folksy blue collar shtick going for voters....

Seems that he saw what worked for Reagan, and said heck, I'll do that too.

(About 95% of the western movies were filmed within about 150 miles of Reagan's rancho.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline darroll

Bush was scared of the little king so he kept his mouth shut.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What really makes this all surreal is its obviously the immigrant flow into Texas that is very close to destroying the political party Bush once led and turning it into a blue state.

Or maybe its not surreal at all. To Bush and people like him partisan politics (and their real consequences) are below him and are of no concern.

He made the comments alongside Clinton in a panel discussion.  That says it all.  Two peas in a pod.

He just made a comment a few days ago that we should thank the illegals because they cotton pick.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

Not disturbed by anything Obama did, eh W?

You really need to go back to chopping wood down at Crawford.

That particular apple didn't fall far from the horse... and that horse stands in HighAnusPort, not Crawford.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dubya, I voted for ya twice, and you tried to do the right thing after the World Trade Center attack, but please...

¡ cierra la boca !

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

smh....

I don't know what 'smh' means, @DCPatriot but I do think it is a little sad that so little respect is paid to a former President and a good guy because people disagree with him about something.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

Dubya, I voted for ya twice, and you tried to do the right thing after the World Trade Center attack, but please...

¡ cierra la boca !

Yes, I voted for him twice as well; his 2nd terms was a total disappointment. Then Bammy came along and made 'W's 2nd term seem wonderful.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:51:28 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
1. We went through this whole "amnesty" deal back when Dubya was president.  We had to melt the phones down.

I try to at least, be a bit constructive if I have criticism.

2. Obama's withdrawal of troops from Iraq was a total fiasco, I don't see how Bush could be so chummy with the Obamas, be respectful, that's okay.

After 911, it is understandable that some people went into overdrive and were paranoid about what we needed to do.  We ended up going into Iraq.

Offline DCPatriot

I don't know what 'smh' means, @DCPatriot but I do think it is a little sad that so little respect is paid to a former President and a good guy because people disagree with him about something.

@Emjay

'smh' = shaking my head    :laugh:   

Offline Chosen Daughter

smh....

Just so we are clear how bad George Bush was for America.......

Immigration

Bush Administration Erases U.S. Borders With Mexico and Canada

Jerome Corsi | Wednesday Jun 28, 2006 9:55 AM

The Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP), signed by President Bush with Mexico and Canada in Waco, Tex., on March 23, 2005, was fundamentally an agreement to erase our borders with Mexico and Canada.

As I have documented below, the SPP “working groups” organized within the U.S. Department of Transportation are signing trilateral memoranda of understanding and other agreements with Mexico and Canada designed to accomplish the open borders goal incrementally, below the radar of mainstream media attention, thereby avoiding public scrutiny. Congress is largely unaware that SPP exists, let alone knowledgeable about the extensive work being done behind the scenes by the executive branch to advance the agenda articulated by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) to establish a North American Union as a new regional super-government by 2010.

The June 2005 “Report to Leaders” references that the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America was announced at the Waco summit in March 2005. Yet, the SPP declaration was neither a treaty nor a law. The legal status of the declaration was not much more than a press release issued by President Bush, President Vicente Fox, and then-Prime Minister of Canada Paul Martin. Still, somehow SPP.gov conveys the impression that the Waco declaration created de facto a new NAFTA-plus legal status between the three countries that is designated the “Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America,” or “SPP” for short.

Excerpted.  Read more at:  http://humanevents.com/2006/06/28/bush-administration-erases-us-borders-with-mexico-and-canada/

Former President George W. Bush said on Thursday that the U.S. needs to “welcome” immigrants and thank them for doing the "jobs that Americans won't do."

"Americans don’t want to pick cotton at 105 degrees, but there are people who want to put food on their family’s tables and are willing to do that,” he said, according to The Associated Press. "We ought to say thank you and welcome them.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/372882-george-w-bush-on-immigrants-we-ought-to-say-thank-you-and-welcome

The Fox was definitely in the henhouse.  Many people mistakenly think that most of the illegal immigration started with Obama.  Nope.  This is a globalist agenda
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:29:18 pm by Mod5 »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Michelle Malkin addressed Bush Open Borders in 2006

BUSH’S OPEN-BORDERS PLATITUDES

By Michelle Malkin  •  March 25, 2006 04:33 PM

Illegal aliens and their advocates marching in L.A. today

As pro-illegal immigration forces organize mass protests in favor of “Mexico! Mexico!” and against stricter border security, President Bush is pushing his guest-worker/amnesty plan hard this weekend. His radio address today was filled with open borders-friendly platitudes (audio and transcript of the address, you’ll notice, are available in Spanish at the White House website). Here are two:

“America is a nation of immigrants, and we’re also a nation of laws.”

“…As we debate the immigration issue, we must remember there are hard-working individuals, doing jobs that Americans will not do, who are contributing to the economic vitality of our country.“

We are not a “nation of immigrants.” This is both a factual error and a warm-and-fuzzy non sequitur. Eighty-five percent of the residents currently in the United States were born here. Sure, we are almost all descendants of immigrants. But we are not a “nation of immigrants.”

Excerpted.  More here:  http://michellemalkin.com/2006/03/25/bushs-open-borders-platitudes/

Please excerpt articles.

OK
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:25:33 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline DCPatriot

@Chosen Daughter

Can't disagree with Pres. Bush's attitude toward immigration. 

Being inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, as I do with Pres. Trump, I searched for a practical reason.

Occam's Razor: The US was near zero population growth.  Something had to be done to replenish the Social Security vault.  And quickly.

The DEMS look at them as power.  The Republicans look at them as a labor pool.

Donald Trump views them as voters too.  Like America did with Lyndon Johnson and Ronald Reagan...they will show loyalty to people who have made their lives better.  No matter, the ideology.

Early on, I recognized the government's complicity in how they welcomed illegal immigrants.  Both Pres. Bush and my state and county leadership didn't enforce immigration laws...so neither did I.

I grew very fond of them, watched their children grow and marry. 

The Bush years were bountiful, both financially and emotionally.