Author Topic: Law Professor Calls Possible SCOTUS Nominee ‘Extremist’ For Believing Americans Have A Right To Own  (Read 335 times)

rangerrebew

Law Professor Calls Possible SCOTUS Nominee ‘Extremist’ For Believing Americans Have A Right To Own And Carry Firearms
7:01 PM 07/07/2018

A law professor described Judge Thomas Hardiman, a candidate for the impending Supreme Court nomination, as a “Second Amendment extremist” for his originalist view of the Constitution, specifically regarding the Second Amendment.

Professor Adam Winkler at the University of California at Los Angeles School of Law argued that if Hardiman were confirmed, the Supreme Court would be more likely to take up cases challenging current firearm laws, lending the potential for those laws to be struck down. Consequently, with Hardiman on the Supreme Court, there would be more legal gun ownership in what are now heavily regulated states like California and Connecticut.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/07/law-professor-scotus-extremist-firearms/

Oceander

UCLA law school.  Yeah, a bastion of cautious, prudent legal thought. 

Not. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why do we continue to allow idiots like this to "educate" our children?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Judge Hardiman appears to, over the weekend, re-entered the conversation.   Although the WSJ this morning seems to have placed him behind Kavanaugh, Kethledge and Barrett as the bigger "gamble",  it seems to me he may be the best choice at this important juncture in history.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide