Author Topic: Who top conservatives want Trump to pick for Supreme Court  (Read 758 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who top conservatives want Trump to pick for Supreme Court
By John Bowden - 07/07/18 04:40 PM EDT

President Trump is slated to announce his highly anticipated pick to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy on the Supreme Court on Monday night after narrowing down a list of potential nominees to just three likely names.

As the president prepares to make his selection, which comes less than four months before the midterm elections, conservative activists are publicly urging him to consider a number of picks that look likely to push the balance of the court toward conservatives for decades.

Trump has reportedly narrowed his list of seven interviewed candidates to just three federals appeals court judges: Brett Kavanaugh, Raymond Kethledge and Amy Coney Barrett. He is set to unveil his pick at the White House in prime time on Monday night.

Democrats and some Republicans are pressuring Trump to pick a nominee who in their view is not intent on overturning Roe v. Wade, the landmark case that legalized abortion across the country in 1973. Trump has said recently that he will not ask candidates about their stance on the case as he prepares to make his decision.

Here's who top conservatives and allies of the president want to see Trump pick for his next nominee:

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/395960-who-top-conservatives-want-trump-to-pick-for-supreme-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Who top conservatives want Trump to pick for Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 09:56:36 pm »
Mike Lee ain't gonna happen.  If nominated, that would reduce the Senate head count to 49-49, and he'd lose.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 12:46:52 am »
Mike Lee ain't gonna happen.  If nominated, that would reduce the Senate head count to 49-49, and he'd lose.
Is there a rule prohibiting him from voting for himself?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 01:10:38 am »
Is there a rule prohibiting him from voting for himself?

I don't think so, but Bing comes up empty when I do  search.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: