Author Topic: Senator Tim Scott: Trump Said Something That Gave Me Hope on Race Relations  (Read 306 times)

rangerrebew

Senator Tim Scott: Trump Said Something That Gave Me Hope on Race Relations

By Rusty | Featured Contributor | July 3, 2018 2:08PM

You read that right – A prominent African-American lawmaker believes it was conversations with President Trump, not Obama, that have given him ‘hope’ when it comes to race relations in the United States.

South Carolina Senator Tim Scott said he sat down with the President a year ago to have an “uncomfortable” meeting about racial issues in America. They had trouble communicating because as Scott says they’ve both experienced different things in life.

“Yeah, they’re hard. They’re painful. They’re uncomfortable, to sit in the Oval Office and have a conversation with the President about things that you strongly disagree about,” Scott said in an interview with CNN’s Van Jones. “He didn’t change his perspective. I certainly can’t change my perspective. Mine’s educated by my experience.”

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/tim-scott-president-trump-race-relations/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_campaign=TPI_breaking_newsletter_7_6_2018&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI