Author Topic: I left the Republican Party. Now I want Democrats to take over.  (Read 2262 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

by Max Boot Columnist July 4 at 9:52 AM

“Should I stay or should I go now?” That question, posed by the eminent political philosophers known as The Clash, is one that confronts any Republican with a glimmer of conscience. You used to belong to a conservative party with a white-nationalist fringe. Now it’s a white-nationalist party with a conservative fringe. If you’re part of that fringe, what should you do?

Veteran strategist Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain’s 2008 campaign, is the latest Republican to say “no more.” Recently he issued an anguished Twitter post: “29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of the Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life,” he wrote. “Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.”

Schmidt follows in the illustrious footsteps of Post columnist George F. Will, former senator Gordon Humphrey, former representative (and Post columnist) Joe Scarborough, Reagan and Bush (both) aide Peter Wehner, and other Republicans who have left the party. I’m with them. After a lifetime as a Republican, I re-registered as an independent on the day after Donald Trump’s election.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-left-the-republican-party-now-i-want-democrats-to-take-over/2018/07/03/54a4007a-7e38-11e8-b0ef-fffcabeff946_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5ae556e66c1b
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: I left the Republican Party. Now I want Democrats to take over.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 08:32:04 pm »
Steve Schmidt?  Didn't know he was a Republican.

:yawn2:

buh bye
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:55:21 pm »
He’s a certifiable idiot. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 08:57:44 pm »
   This blew up in my face.

FTA:
They act, these political ostriches, as if this were still the party of Ronald Reagan and John McCain rather than of Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller — and therefore they cling to the illusion that supporting Republican candidates will advance their avowed views.

Was McCain ever a Conservative?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 09:56:53 pm »
   This blew up in my face.

FTA:   

Not that I know of.  Maybe as a small child but I doubt it.  If Max Boot thinks Ronald Reagan and Juan McCain were in the same boat, he obviously cannot differentiate his ass from a hole in the ground, vis. Republicans.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 10:32:03 pm »
Max Boot. Ell oh ell.

Another 'friend' the GOP is better served as an enemy.

Its come full circle - many of the democrats who came over to the GOP because of the popularity of Ronald Reagan are returning from whence they came.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:34:25 pm by skeeter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 10:46:56 pm »
What kind of "Conservative" writes Op-eds for the Washington Compost????????

No sir, Mr. Boot (up yer ass and into your brain methinks) - voting for Communists is beyond stupid.  I think it illustrates precisely who you Establishment Republicans really are and where your true loyalties lie.  Se;f-evident really to any of us paying attention to what your failed party actually did versus what you paid lip service to in order to get elected and into power lo these many decades.

We watched your party go to war on it's own grassroots Conservatives and rewrite the rules to prohibit the grassroots from posing any challenges to your gladhandedness with the Marxist Left long before Trump threw his toupee in the ring.   

That morons like you want the Democrats to take over continues to go hand-in-hand with your party's actions since they took total power.

I think you were nothing but Leftist infiltrators that took the GOP over from within, and now you're pissed off that you have a guy you have no control over and who does whatever he feels like doing or tweeting - outside your ability to take him down.

That you want the GOP destroyed is simply a continuation of the same thing you were doing all these years stealthily, now you simply have taken off the mask to advocate for it publicly for the sake of the Leftist movement you were a part of all along.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 11:31:29 pm »
    :thumbsup:

Even I, @INVAR have to admit he's stumbled into some good $hit at times.
    The remainder of this week (post NK) will be important to him.

*Besides Putin has to tell him who to nominate to the SC.  JK

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 03:22:45 am »
Who here ever heard of this guy? The press just wants someone they can call a "former Republican" when they want a quote.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 03:38:11 am »
Who here ever heard of this guy? The press just wants someone they can call a "former Republican" when they want a quote.

We have genuine nobodies running around trying to be noticed. No one knows who Boot is and no one knows who Schmidt is. We have no evidence they were anything close to right wingers over the last 10 years.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 03:47:13 am »
We have genuine nobodies running around trying to be noticed. No one knows who Boot is and no one knows who Schmidt is. We have no evidence they were anything close to right wingers over the last 10 years.

Well Frank we certainly know who they are now.

Two words;

Jerk and Weed.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 04:01:47 am »
Well Frank we certainly know who they are now.

Two words;

Jerk and Weed.

Come on. We are political nerds. Of course we know who these idiots are. I am speaking about the country as a whole. Schmidt and that stupid whore Wallace were briefly cited in a shit book called Game Change because they trashed Palin 10 years ago. Now they are relegated to a test pattern cable news station. No one would care if this fat slob died of a heart attack tomorrow.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 05:35:02 am »
Veteran strategist Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain’s 2008 campaign, is the latest Republican to say “no more.”

I am beginning to think no real conservatives were on board of McCain's run. Yes, that includes Palin.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 12:50:48 pm »
What kind of "Conservative" writes Op-eds for the Washington Compost????????

Oh, INVAR, come ON with that.  Are you serious?  The list is very long.  For the tip of the iceberg, try Ben Shapiro, Jonah Goldberg, Hugh Hewitt, Charles C.W. Cooke, Victor Davis Hanson, Marco Rubio, Charles Krauthammer (who had a weekly column, omg!).

The fact is that the Post is a major newspaper/media source.  I don’t understand people on the right who think we should shun the world and confine ourselves to a corner, like a bunch of political Mennonites.  That only keeps the conservative message from being seen and heard.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 12:51:28 pm »
I am beginning to think no real conservatives were on board of McCain's run. Yes, that includes Palin

@Sighlass

I agree.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 02:08:32 pm »
Oh, INVAR, come ON with that.  Are you serious?  The list is very long.  For the tip of the iceberg, try Ben Shapiro, Jonah Goldberg, Hugh Hewitt, Charles C.W. Cooke, Victor Davis Hanson, Marco Rubio, Charles Krauthammer (who had a weekly column, omg!).

The fact is that the Post is a major newspaper/media source.  I don’t understand people on the right who think we should shun the world and confine ourselves to a corner, like a bunch of political Mennonites.  That only keeps the conservative message from being seen and heard.

I distinctly recall reading George Will in the Post...back since the Reagan Administration.   ...with a thesaurus.   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 02:21:18 pm »
I distinctly recall reading George Will in the Post...back since the Reagan Administration.   ...with a thesaurus.   ^-^

I never liked Mr. Will that much, but I did keep a Roget's handy for WF Buckley.  :cool:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 02:23:37 pm »
I am beginning to think no real conservatives were on board of McCain's run. Yes, that includes Palin.

I can't imagine what would give you that idea! /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2018, 02:31:12 pm »

Guess you missed the part where WaPo was bought by Bezos at fire sale prices because it is an unprofitable mess that no one reads anymore. They don't break news anymore. They fabricate it and then eventually have to retract it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2018, 02:35:43 pm »
Guess you missed the part where WaPo was bought by Bezos at fire sale prices because it is an unprofitable mess that no one reads anymore. They don't break news anymore. They fabricate it and then eventually have to retract it.

The WaPo is just one outlet of the Democrat Party's propaganda arm otherwise known as the Main Stream Media.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2018, 02:49:03 pm »
   This blew up in my face.

FTA:   

No, McCain other then being a crook (Keating 5) is a Bushbot neocon.

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2018, 04:48:03 pm »

@DCPatriot

Lol

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 04:52:10 pm »

@Frank Cannon

YES, Frank, I did, and thank you for your totally unexpected rebuttal.  You're right, the Post is no more relevant than a copy of the 1983 TV Guide.

I can give you something they broke!