Author Topic: Congress Divided On $75M For Army Scout Aircraft: Fly The Deadly Skies  (Read 347 times)

rangerrebew

Congress Divided On $75M For Army Scout Aircraft: Fly The Deadly Skies
By Sydney J. Freedberg Jr. on July 02, 2018 at 6:24 PM

WASHINGTON: Senate appropriators want to give the Army $75.4 million to kick-start its new scout aircraft, but key authorizers told us they are skeptical. (House appropriators are so far silent). The crucial questions: Can a manned, low-altitude, lightweight aircraft survive against the Russian threat? And can the Army afford the Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA) along with its other Big Six priorities?

An industry day held Thursday provided details that reassured our industry sources. “The Army, I’ve got to give them credit,” said retired Maj. Gen. Rudy Ostovich, a former Army aviator who’d been uneasy about the early, vague reports. “I didn’t know all of the details. They kept it very close to their chest, (but having seen them,) if I were writing these requirements, I would do the same thing.”

https://breakingdefense.com/2018/07/congress-divided-on-75m-for-army-scout-aircraft-fly-the-deadly-skies/