Author Topic: Man arrested after shouting ‘womp, womp’ and pulling a gun on immigration protesters  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Suppressed

Man arrested after shouting ‘womp, womp’ and pulling a gun on immigration protesters
By Avi Selk.    July 1 at 3:48 PM

Shane Ryan Sealy, 34, was arrested after brandishing a weapon at an immigration rally in Huntsville, Ala., pos June 30. (Melissa Parker/WAFF)

The gathering at a park gazebo in Huntsville, Ala., was by no means the largest of Saturday’s nationwide protests against President Trump’s “zero tolerance” border policies, though it was memorable for other reasons.

It began around noon, as an Episcopalian priest delivered a prayer to about 100 protesters gathered around the gazebo and a man marched back and forth in front of her, shouting “womp, womp!”

[...]

The man was parroting former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who had uttered the same sound on Fox News several days earlier during a discussion about migrant children being seized from their parents at the border. Lewandowski’s sarcastic “womp, womp” revolted many people — but also apparently inspired a certain segment of Trump’s supporters, as the people at Big Spring Park were now discovering.

[...]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/07/01/man-arrested-after-shouting-womp-womp-and-pulling-a-gun-on-immigration-protesters
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Frank Cannon

The coming civil war will be short if the limp wrested Commies response to a gun being pulled is to Facebook Live the event with their shitty Apple phone.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"Released on his own recognizance. "

That's a big surprise considering the facts told. We'll see if this story goes anywhere.

Offline Suppressed

"Released on his own recognizance. "

That's a big surprise considering the facts told. We'll see if this story goes anywhere.

His carry permit was revoked.
+++++++++

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

What a handsome devil.  I'm not certain how he found time for this with all the modeling work he must be getting.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:28:18 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

What a handsome devil.  I'm not certain how he found time for this with all the modeling work he must be getting.

Womp....There it is!

Offline thackney

He will be looking at quite few charges as well.  Including:

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer as defined in subsection (a) of
this section, to have in his or her possession or about his or her person or in any vehicle at a point within
1,000 feet of a demonstration at a public place...

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/alabama.pdf
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

He will be looking at quite few charges as well.  Including:

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer as defined in subsection (a) of
this section, to have in his or her possession or about his or her person or in any vehicle at a point within
1,000 feet of a demonstration at a public place...

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/alabama.pdf

Yes, the original story or the Heavy story allude to that....so, it appears he could face an array of charges... on the other hand, the stories read he was attacked, there was an altercation and then, drew the gun.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/07/shane-ryan-sealy/

Also, FTR, photos where the accused does not look so "freaky".

I stick with my original observations, LE must not see him as much of a threat if he was released. It seems strange.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:07:32 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

! No longer available
Edit On: I don't think the scene of commotion is directly on this video. It's interesting, there are apparent other protesters with the same values carrying signs.

One minute plus in, he's the one with the protest sign, dark shirt, long hair. I get it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:58:04 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Thank you Corey Lewandowski.  *****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Thank you Corey Lewandowski.

He doesn't care.  That's probably his ringtone, now.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

on the other hand, the stories read he was attacked and then, drew the gun.

Every story I've seen, witnesses say he shoved someone first.
+++++++++

Oceander

Yes, the original story or the Heavy story allude to that....so, it appears he could face an array of charges... on the other hand, the stories read he was attacked and then, drew the gun.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/07/shane-ryan-sealy/
M

Also, FTR, photos where the accused does not look so "freaky".

I stick with my original observations, LE must not see him as much of a threat if he was released. It seems strange.

He was released on his own recognizance, which simply means the arraigning judge didn’t require bail.  Happens all the time. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

He doesn't care.  That's probably his ringtone, now.

I wouldn't be surprised by that at all.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Victoria33

@Suppressed

So he's not in jail, is out in public again.  The cancel of his carry permit means nothing if he decides to kill some people.  That is the problem.  A dangerous person cannot be held until he kills someone, then people will be told someone should have called the cops to warn them of this dangerous person.  What can be legally done to stop this person shooting someone?

Offline skeeter

Thank you Corey Lewandowski.  *****rollingeyes*****

Please. That particular bit of 'humor' has been around since the waitress flipped Fred Flintstone's car over with that oversized rack of ribs at the drive in diner.

Offline TomSea

He was released on his own recognizance, which simply means the arraigning judge didn’t require bail.  Happens all the time.

Obviously. Still it seems odd to release someone who brandished a gun where it was forbidden and was near a crowd of people, the same someone who got in an altercation with others. That does not happen all the time. I'll bet you have a lot of shoplifters who have to still spend some time in jail.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Please. That particular bit of 'humor' has been around since the waitress flipped Fred Flintstone's car over with that oversized rack of ribs at the drive in diner.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.  **nononono*

Oceander

Obviously. Still it seems odd to release someone who brandished a gun where it was forbidden and was near a crowd of people, the same someone who got in an altercation with others. That does not happen all the time. I'll bet you have a lot of shoplifters who have to still spend some time in jail.

Why?  I’m sure they didn’t release his gun to him.  Brandishing is also different than firing.  It simply means that on balance the judge wasn’t convinced that he was an imminent threat. 

It’s not strange at all. 

Offline skeeter

Whatever helps you sleep at night.  **nononono*

That goes for us both.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@Suppressed

What can be legally done to stop this person shooting someone?

Order him to under go psychiatric treatment.  That will fix him.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn