Author Topic: Collins: Won’t Support SCOTUS Pick Hostile To Abortion Rights  (Read 29428 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Collins: Won’t Support SCOTUS Pick Hostile To Abortion Rights
« Reply #425 on: July 03, 2018, 01:26:05 pm »
@musiclady   What is your problem?

What you posted was a non sequitur, but I misunderstood its purpose.

My apology.

I hope you consider my "problem" solved.... 

@Emjay
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #426 on: July 03, 2018, 01:36:16 pm »
Ah, bullshit.  No one's promoting or defending abortion.   Attitudes like yours just harden hearts.   The issue is simple:  Human liberty demands that a woman have dominion over her body.   Persuade her,  support her to do the right thing.  If you're so right about the damage caused by abortion, then make your case and she'll likely listen.   But keep the damn State's hands off.   

I see........... attitudes like mine......... that babies are precious and deserve not to be tortured, mutilated and killed........... "harden hearts."

Attitudes like mine........... that abortion destroys women's (and sometimes men's) lives because of the physical, emotional and psychological effects of slaughtering your own child, and is harmful to women..........."harden hearts."

I sometimes feel that dealing with you is like dealing with an obstinate child....

You KNOW that the baby is not part of the woman's body, and yet you argue the absolutely senseless and stupid point over and over again.  You KNOW that killing children is not in the Constitution, and yet you argue the point ad nauseam.

You are an abject failure at "persuasion" here,  because what you preach here is the opposite of reality, and opposed to truth.  You cannot "persuade" people who know the truth to believe a lie.

But you should be credited at least for being stubborn in arguing the leftist lies you have swallowed and continue to regurgitate, even though it indicates a heart of stone completely devoid of compassion for the weak and helpless.

Very few people are so confident in being obtuse and uncaring............so bully for you.  You win the prize.

@Jazzhead

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #427 on: July 03, 2018, 01:43:11 pm »
No one's promoting or defending abortion.

No one...except you counselor.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #428 on: July 03, 2018, 02:20:54 pm »
I see........... attitudes like mine......... that babies are precious and deserve not to be tortured, mutilated and killed........... "harden hearts."

I am sick and tired of your virtue signaling.  Of course babies are precious,  but your statement was that by acknowledging the liberty of women I was "defending abortion",  which you insist is "murder".   

How is it "defending abortion" to suggest that lives be saved by persuasion?    How am I condoning "murder" by suggesting the Constitution permits women to choose and fulfill their own destinies?    Abortion will, I trust and believe, wither on the vine due to a combination of persuasion and support,  and the increasing availability of effective contraception that does not fail. 

NO WOMAN IN A PERFECT WORLD WANTS AN ABORTION.  The circumstances that compel women to abort are tragic,  and unique to the life of each woman. No money.  A dashed future.  Abandonment by parents or partner. Plain and simple fear.    There is no size fits all solution.   But hectoring those who advocate persuasion rather than coercion as "defending" the practice is obnoxious.   Yes, your attitude hardens hearts, because your fundamental argument is that people who don't agree with you are evil.  Did it ever occur to you that those who don't advocate criminalizing abortion are as troubled by the practice as you are?   Of course not - you're all about virtue signaling, not saving lives. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #429 on: July 03, 2018, 02:22:55 pm »
I am sick and tired of your virtue signaling.  Of course babies are precious,  but your statement was that by acknowledging the liberty of women I was "defending abortion",  which you insist is "murder".   

How is it "defending abortion" to suggest that lives be saved by persuasion?    How am I condoning "murder" by suggesting the Constitution permits women to choose and fulfill their own destinies?    Abortion will, I trust and believe, wither on the vine due to a combination of persuasion and support,  and the increasing availability of effective contraception that does not fail. 

NO WOMAN IN A PERFECT WORLD WANTS AN ABORTION.  The circumstances that compel women to abort are tragic,  and unique to the life of each woman. No money.  A dashed future.  Abandonment by parents or partner. Plain and simple fear.    There is no size fits all solution.   But hectoring those who advocate persuasion rather than coercion as "defending" the practice is obnoxious.   Yes, your attitude hardens hearts, because your fundamental argument is that people who don't agree with you are evil.  Did it ever occur to you that those who don't advocate criminalizing abortion are as troubled by the practice as you are?   Of course not - you're all about virtue signaling, not saving lives.

888high58888  QFT!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #430 on: July 03, 2018, 02:28:40 pm »

<Cut out the personal attacks> In your attempt to attack those of us on the side of truth, you once again fail to persuade anyone that you are on the side of compassion.

Abortion is evil.  Planned Parenthood is evil.  Killing innocent babies because of the lies of the left is evil.   YOU are not evil (even though you obstinately oppose the well-being of babies and women).

Just duped.

And since you choose to stay ignorant and self-righteous, my conversation with you here is over.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:45:05 pm by Mod5 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #431 on: July 03, 2018, 02:53:33 pm »

Terrific post @Jazzhead   

I have said for years the burden is on the pro-life contingent because we are being asked to bring one life at a time into this world.  There will be no sweeping revival; no Supreme Court decision to erase this plague.  There will be what we have today:  One soul connecting with another and providing the compassion and help the pregnant woman desperately seeks.

In all candor, if I were a pregnant woman considering an abortion and I heard the speech @musiclady regularly posts, I wouldn't be able to get her the hell out of my way fast enough. That judgment, that dissertation on good v evil, and which evil is the most evil will not change one woman's mind and save one child.   Compassion and a hand held out will ---  not a cross held at her neck.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #432 on: July 03, 2018, 03:06:57 pm »
@Mod5 - would you mind sending me a PM letting me know what you considered a personal attack relative to the entire conversation?

I'm not sure what I said and would like to avoid doing so again, because I don't know what the difference is between other comments and what you deleted.

Thanks.   (I won't say any more about it here).

Offline musiclady

« Reply #433 on: July 03, 2018, 03:09:05 pm »
888high58888  QFT!

I'm curious, @DCPatriot , if this means that you will stand with Susan Collins and in opposition to Trump should his SCOTUS nominee be a dreaded Pro-Life So-Con.

If so, this would be quite an ironic turn of events, wouldn't it?  ^-^

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #434 on: July 03, 2018, 03:09:54 pm »
I'm curious, @DCPatriot , if this means that you will stand with Susan Collins and in opposition to Trump should his SCOTUS nominee be a dreaded Pro-Life So-Con.

If so, this would be quite an ironic turn of events, wouldn't it?  ^-^

:2popcorn:

Oh this is gonna be good.

@musiclady same question needs to be asked of DCP's twin sister RiV since she rah rah'd the answer Jazzy gave as well.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 03:10:43 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #435 on: July 03, 2018, 03:11:59 pm »
:2popcorn:

Oh this is gonna be good.

@musiclady same question needs to be asked of DCP's twin sister RiV since she rah rah'd the answer Jazzy gave as well.

It's gonna be rough on them.   Pass the popcorn.  ^-^

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #436 on: July 03, 2018, 03:13:59 pm »
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.
- Isaiah 5:20-21
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #437 on: July 03, 2018, 03:15:47 pm »
In today's western civilization, a woman's right to choose is established law.

Rolling back Roe v Wade would feed into the fear mongering currently being done by the Rat leadership and their allies in the MSM.

I admire your moral stance.   Share it with you.  But that ship has sailed.
That ship can only go so far before it is on its way back.

In 1859 Slavery was established law. Abolition would feed into.... Yadda, yadda, yadda.

It is never too late to do what is right, unless you are one of the 58,000,000 who will never get the chance to deal with their own moral dilemmas. I wonder how they would have voted?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #438 on: July 03, 2018, 03:16:21 pm »
How is it "defending abortion" to suggest that lives be saved by persuasion?

When you argue that abortion not only "should be legal", but go a step further to say it "must remain legal", then you are defending abortion.

How am I condoning "murder" by suggesting the Constitution permits women to choose and fulfill their own destinies?

When you say the Constitution grants the unalienable right to have abortions, you are lying.  And when you champion a fulfillment of desires at the expense of someone else's life, you are advocating murder.  The destiny I choose may be to live in your house without you in it.  So if I kill you in the process of making that dream come true, is it murder?  Who decides if it is murder?  Who gets to make that rule?  The State?

Abortion will, I trust and believe, wither on the vine due to a combination of persuasion and support,  and the increasing availability of effective contraception that does not fail.

Yeah, I've heard this lie before.  We were told after Roe that the number of unwanted pregnancies would only decrease because of better birth control.  The exact opposite has been the case.  We now have patches and shots that prevent pregnancy for months at a time.  Yet today the illegitimate birth rate has never been higher.  We have seen a marked increase in the number of abortions since Roe, and we have also seen a marked increase in violent crime since the Supreme Court imposed the devaluation of human life upon society.

NO WOMAN IN A PERFECT WORLD WANTS AN ABORTION.

No woman in a perfect world wants lung cancer either.  Yet women still smoke.  The only difference is that when a woman gets lung cancer, she doesn't get to kill her child.

The circumstances that compel women to abort are tragic,  and unique to the life of each woman.

The circumstances that compel a woman to abort are purely selfish.  Women are not the victims here.  The unborn babies are the victims.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #439 on: July 03, 2018, 03:19:41 pm »
@Jazzhead, you have a remarkably low opinion of women if you think that we need the option of maintaining our liberty by killing another human being who is the result of our own deliberate actions.  Wow. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #440 on: July 03, 2018, 03:20:01 pm »
That ship can only go so far before it is on its way back.

In 1859 Slavery was established law. Abolition would feed into.... Yadda, yadda, yadda.

It is never too late to do what is right, unless you are one of the 58,000,000 who will never get the chance to deal with their own moral dilemmas. I wonder how they would have voted?

It took 58 years to dispose of the horrible decision made in Plessey.  Roe has only been around for 45.

And it's funny how some people who at one point wanted to have a jihad against the MSM cower away and are suddenly fearful of the same MSM and the "fear mongering currently being done by the Rat leadership and their allies" when Roe is brought up.

:shrug:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #441 on: July 03, 2018, 03:21:02 pm »
@Jazzhead, you have a remarkably low opinion of women if you think that we need the option of maintaining our liberty by killing another human being who is the result of our own deliberate actions.  Wow.

Like you and I discussed yesterday...in ever single debate about abortion look at how he portrays women in his scenarios.

Oceander

« Reply #442 on: July 03, 2018, 03:21:39 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #443 on: July 03, 2018, 03:22:41 pm »
Article IV Section 3 U.S. Constitution:

The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.

It's right there in plain English all the motivation Congress needs to do away with Roe...regardless of what the 9 black robes in D.C. say.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #444 on: July 03, 2018, 03:22:45 pm »

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
T H I S
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Oceander

« Reply #445 on: July 03, 2018, 03:22:56 pm »

You have a remarkably low opinion of women if you think that they are so weak-willed and evil that they can only be constrained from abortion though threats of government compulsion and punishment. 

Oceander

« Reply #446 on: July 03, 2018, 03:23:35 pm »
Article IV Section 3 U.S. Constitution:

It's right there in plain English all the motivation Congress needs to do away with Roe...regardless of what the 9 black robes in D.C. say.

Do explain. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #447 on: July 03, 2018, 03:24:03 pm »
I'm still pondering the "TRAGIC" situation of a woman who wants to wear a bikini on her Bahamas vacation and decides to kill her child for it.

It may not be a common motive for destroying the life of another human being, but it IS a motive of some.

This apologetic pretense for caring about women and "liberty" while defending (yes, defending) their harm and the lives of millions of innocent human beings is what is sickening.

The left has done a stellar job of brainwashing a gullible public in thinking that abortion is a good, and not an evil.

But it is the greatest evil in American history, and I believe we will pay dearly for allowing it to go on so long.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #448 on: July 03, 2018, 03:24:36 pm »
I think we should all just shut the hell up and let the Margaret Sanger genocide continue unabated!   The whole world will be better off!  /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #449 on: July 03, 2018, 03:24:55 pm »

Word
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34