Author Topic: Collins: Won’t Support SCOTUS Pick Hostile To Abortion Rights  (Read 29431 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Collins: Won’t Support SCOTUS Pick Hostile To Abortion Rights
« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2018, 09:15:55 pm »
So @thackney s is a lucky kid.  All the rest, complete with their individual DNA, are just unviable tissue masses.  Interesting reasoning there @Right_in_Virginia.

I want your post to make sense, I know there's an insult for me in there ... I just don''t understand what you're saying.

But, rest assured, I feel adequately chastised so you needn't try again.

Thanks for the ping.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #351 on: July 02, 2018, 09:17:13 pm »
Please stop the insults and trolling.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #352 on: July 02, 2018, 09:19:13 pm »
Creed - a set of beliefs or aims that guide someone's actions.

US Justice must not blind to creed; for example the Muslim belief in honor killing.

No.  The Justices must focus on the act itself, killing, without regard to its religious roots.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #353 on: July 02, 2018, 09:19:39 pm »
I want your post to make sense, I know there's an insult for me in there ... I just don''t understand what you're saying.

But, rest assured, I feel adequately chastised so you needn't try again.

Thanks for the ping.

Somehow I knew you wouldn't.   Thanks for playing!   :whistle:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #354 on: July 02, 2018, 09:21:19 pm »
US justice is a weeping willow. Swaying at the touch of a breeze

Spit...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline musiclady

« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2018, 09:22:46 pm »
It seems to be shaping up that way.

Which is odd, because the vast majority of us should be in agreement that if Trump picks a pro-life nominee, we are on the side of Trump, and not of Collins.

How anyone can turn that into an NT/AT argument is a wonderment.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2018, 09:29:16 pm »
The only way to argue the 'rightness' of abortion is to completely suspend reality.

There is no way to defend it with consistent rational thought because it's an emotional argument about imaginary "rights."

No one is defending the "rightness" of abortion.  I believe everyone participating on this thread considers it morally wrong in most circumstances. 

The issue is whether a woman has the right to decide whether to reproduce, and when that right can lawfully be exercised.   Roe says she has that right, and that the State cannot interfere in her exercise of sovereignty over her own body at least until after the first trimester.   (That formulation has been tinkered with over the years, but the concept remains - she must have the "meaningful" ability to exercise sovereignty; that is, self-determination.)

IMO that is entirely in keeping with the Constitution's letter and spirit to protect one's individual liberty from arbitrary encroachment by the State.   But that hardly means the fetus is doomed.     

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2018, 09:32:47 pm »
As my wife and I have done.  And today, over 9 years later, we continue to raise that child as our own.

Bravo, @thackney !

Offline musiclady

« Reply #358 on: July 02, 2018, 09:38:07 pm »
No one is defending the "rightness" of abortion.  I believe everyone participating on this thread considers it morally wrong in most circumstances. 

The issue is whether a woman has the right to decide whether to reproduce, and when that right can lawfully be exercised.   Roe says she has that right, and that the State cannot interfere in her exercise of sovereignty over her own body at least until after the first trimester.   (That formulation has been tinkered with over the years, but the concept remains - she must have the "meaningful" ability to exercise sovereignty; that is, self-determination.)

IMO that is entirely in keeping with the Constitution's letter and spirit to protect one's individual liberty from arbitrary encroachment by the State.   But that hardly means the fetus is doomed.     

The majority of people who are pro-abortion claim they're not pro-abortion, just like you do.

We've been through all this before, and I'm sure you're mind is still sealed shut to the reality of what abortion is, and the damage it does to the woman (whom pro-abortionists don't give a rip about).

And has been clearly stated before by many others who actually care about the Constitution, there is nothing in it about any imaginary "liberty" to destroy the life of another human being.

Just know that when you claim that abortion is about a woman's "right" to reproduce (which she, of course has before she has unprotected sex), that you are repeating the vilest leftist lie on record.

Abortion is entirely destructive.  It harms women physically, mentally and emotionally.

And people who promote it and defend it, just don't care.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #359 on: July 02, 2018, 09:44:48 pm »
I got called a misogynist for pointing this out:  The purpose of abortion is to keep women available for easy sex.

Fact.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #360 on: July 02, 2018, 09:55:30 pm »
I got called a misogynist for pointing this out:  The purpose of abortion is to keep women available for easy sex.

Fact.

What gets lost in the shuffle with leftists arguing that abortion is pro-woman is not only that it gives men an even greater power over women, but also that it is extremely detrimental to the health and well-being of a woman overall.

This filthy lie that the left promotes that abortion is in ANY way good for women makes me sick.

Not only does it painfully destroy an innocent child's life in a number of heinous ways, but it also does irreparable harm to the women who have abortions.

The bogus "Constitutional right" and the bogus argument that it is pro-woman are joint lies that have fooled far too many gullible people.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #361 on: July 02, 2018, 09:57:49 pm »
Good for you, @Smokin Joe !   I'm sure she's the apple of your eye!
She is a bright and shining child, and has been a source of joy to us all. The world would be a darker (and duller) place without her.
Sad that so many think of children as something which takes from their lives, when really, they do enrich them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:58:34 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2018, 10:02:24 pm »

The right to decide whether to reproduce should be exercised before reproduction is a fait accompli.
Those means exist in many forms to prevent such, and should be used by those who wish exercise that right.

While women have reserved the right to change their minds forever, that right should not extend to ending a life, once started. The reproduction is already done. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2018, 10:36:36 pm »
The right to decide whether to reproduce should be exercised before reproduction is a fait accompli.
Those means exist in many forms to prevent such, and should be used by those who wish exercise that right.

While women have reserved the right to change their minds forever, that right should not extend to ending a life, once started. The reproduction is already done.

Such a simple truth made so messy and complicated by the distortions of the left.

She has had no rights denied her.  She has made the choice to reproduce, has succeeded, and now has changed her mind.

It's not "religious bigotry" to make that statement.  It's understanding what should be obvious to anyone who is actually thinking.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #364 on: July 02, 2018, 10:41:43 pm »
Such a simple truth made so messy and complicated by the distortions of the left.

She has had no rights denied her.  She has made the choice to reproduce, has succeeded, and now has changed her mind.

It's not "religious bigotry" to make that statement.  It's understanding what should be obvious to anyone who is actually thinking.

Indeed. Simple and mechanical biology. Not to be denied.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #365 on: July 02, 2018, 10:45:59 pm »
Indeed. Simple and mechanical biology. Not to be denied.

And yet...................   **nononono*

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #366 on: July 02, 2018, 11:10:54 pm »

And people who promote it and defend it, just don't care.

Ah, bullshit.  No one's promoting or defending abortion.   Attitudes like yours just harden hearts.   The issue is simple:  Human liberty demands that a woman have dominion over her body.   Persuade her,  support her to do the right thing.  If you're so right about the damage caused by abortion, then make your case and she'll likely listen.   But keep the damn State's hands off.     

Offline jpsb

« Reply #367 on: July 02, 2018, 11:32:28 pm »

Fact.

I grew up in the 50's and what you say is the plain truth. 100% true. Back in the 50's early 60's
you were not getting much without a ring. Back then girls took sex very seriously. Now with birth
control pills and abortions not so much. My girl friend and I both graduated high school as virgins.
Damn the bad luck, lol.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #368 on: July 02, 2018, 11:36:57 pm »
I grew up in the 50's and what you say is the plain truth. 100% true. Back in the 50's early 60's
you were not getting much without a ring. Back then girls took sex very seriously. Now with birth
control pills and abortions not so much. My girl friend and I both graduated high school as virgins.
Damn the bad luck, lol.
THat makes you a few years ahead of me--post pill, pre herpes, life was good.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #369 on: July 02, 2018, 11:55:17 pm »
Ah, bullshit.  No one's promoting or defending abortion.   Attitudes like yours just harden hearts.   The issue is simple:  Human liberty demands that a woman have dominion over her body.   Persuade her,  support her to do the right thing.  If you're so right about the damage caused by abortion, then make your case and she'll likely listen.   But keep the damn State's hands off.   

Persuade us to accept dismemberment abortion. Some states don't want to. I think it's clear, every state should have the right to decide. Not the central government.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #370 on: July 03, 2018, 12:01:02 am »
THat makes you a few years ahead of me--post pill, pre herpes, life was good.

70 this Oct. Sucks to get old, but I can still do a days work, until 11AM that is.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #371 on: July 03, 2018, 12:02:55 am »
70 this Oct. Sucks to get old, but I can still do a days work, until 11AM that is.

I'm something less that one month older than you.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #372 on: July 03, 2018, 12:04:29 am »
Persuade us to accept dismemberment abortion. Some states don't want to. I think it's clear, every state should have the right to decide. Not the central government.

I'm pretty sure that is how it is going to go, if Trump can get some good Judges on the court. RvW
will not be over turned but states will be allowed to regulate.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #373 on: July 03, 2018, 12:06:02 am »
I'm something less that one month older than you.

Hi grand Pa, ;)

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien