Author Topic: Collins: Won’t Support SCOTUS Pick Hostile To Abortion Rights  (Read 29487 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Collins: Won’t Support SCOTUS Pick Hostile To Abortion Rights
« Reply #325 on: July 02, 2018, 08:25:14 pm »
I have done so in the past and will continue to do so. In view of the circumstances, I agreed with her decision to remain unwed and continue with the pregnancy, and she went into labor on my back steps.
The result was a wonderful great-granddaughter I love dearly.

Good for you, @Smokin Joe !   I'm sure she's the apple of your eye!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #326 on: July 02, 2018, 08:26:48 pm »
@Jazzhead

You should try to persuade us that dismemberment and saline abortions are viable alternatives to life, since you are always preaching to others about persuading.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2018, 08:27:18 pm »
Yeah, I never understood that argument either.  If you don't provide food, water, shelter for anyone, they don't survive.  Does that make all of us pre-viable?

In effect, yes... Until we are post-viable...
And it ain't funny... The concept is there.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2018, 08:28:12 pm »
@Jazzhead

You should try to persuade us that dismemberment and saline abortions are viable alternatives to life, since you are always preaching to others about persuading.

Hear!  Hear!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2018, 08:29:02 pm »
They just don't want to "punish a woman with a baby."

I don't know a single woman that considers her children to be anything but a blessing. The problem is that the child has to be born for a woman to figure that out.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2018, 08:52:18 pm »
No, we've already established that the fetus (which = baby in Latin) is an unique being of the human type, or a "human being".  They do tend to look a bit lumpy at first, but their humanity is undeniable. 

"Viability outside the womb" is the legal line in the sand ... the point at which the mother is (in a sense) held accountable for harming the life she is carrying, because it can survive without her.    Prior to the point of viability outside the womb the fetus is legally considered a clump of foreign cells living off the woman.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2018, 08:54:45 pm »
  LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are.

Actually @Sanguine these words are from the American Declaration of Independence (or Declaration of War) .... they are not a part of the US Constitution.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2018, 08:55:53 pm »
"Viability outside the womb" is the legal line in the sand ... the point at which the mother is (in a sense) held accountable for harming the life she is carrying, because it can survive without her.    Prior to the point of viability outside the womb the fetus is legally considered a clump of foreign cells living off the woman.

Oh, I don't know about "the" legal line in the sand.  Certainly some will argue so.  Some would argue that when they are old enough to make their own peanut butter sandwich they are "viable".  Perhaps a better argument might be when they are old enough to survive on their own.  Probably 9 or 10. 

However, none of that negates the idea that they are human beings.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2018, 08:56:34 pm »
Actually @Sanguine these words are from the American Declaration of Independence (or Declaration of War) .... they are not a part of the US Constitution.

That is correct, @Right_in_Virginia, as most of us have already noted. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2018, 08:57:04 pm »
Heartbeat begins at 4 weeks.  From then on it's a human being. 

I know this is a difficult subject, but the legal question is not one of the humanity --- but the viability of the fetus.  At four weeks the fetus cannot survive outside the woman's womb, even with its own heartbeat.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2018, 08:58:02 pm »
That is correct, @Right_in_Virginia, as most of us have already noted.

My sincerest apologies if you corrected yourself @Sanguine  and I missed that later post.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2018, 08:58:07 pm »

The US Constitution is beholden to the DoI, and every other commitment made prior to it's inception.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #337 on: July 02, 2018, 08:58:17 pm »
I know this is a difficult subject, but the legal question is not one of the humanity --- but the viability of the fetus.  At four weeks the fetus cannot survive outside the woman's womb, even with its own heartbeat.

No, it's not about viability.  It might be easier for the pro-abortion supporters to try to make it so.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #338 on: July 02, 2018, 08:59:39 pm »
My sincerest apologies if you corrected yourself @Sanguine  and I missed that later post.

No, I didn't need to correct myself.  Just you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #339 on: July 02, 2018, 09:00:22 pm »
RiV is that you?

If you're going to try and get a laugh at my expense @txradioguy don't you think I should at least be in on the joke?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #340 on: July 02, 2018, 09:03:39 pm »
As you're always prone to utter:  "How does your post add anything of value to the discussion"

This entire debate is bullshit.

If it had been about NTs.....Nancy would have locked it days ago.

There is a new and curious pattern of locking threads where NT's can't carry their own weight.  I'm starting to wonder who the scout is reporting back to the Mods @DCPatriot     ^-^

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #341 on: July 02, 2018, 09:04:28 pm »
The US Constitution is beholden to the DoI, and every other commitment made prior to it's inception.

Everybody's always trying to Diss Jefferson.  Poor guy only got the $2 Bill.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #342 on: July 02, 2018, 09:04:57 pm »
As my wife and I have done.  And today, over 9 years later, we continue to raise that child as our own.

Very loving and admirable of you and your wife @thackney   ... And one lucky kid.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #343 on: July 02, 2018, 09:06:46 pm »
There is a new and curious pattern of locking threads where NT's can't carry their own weight.  I'm starting to wonder who the scout is reporting back to the Mods @DCPatriot     ^-^

You're on the wrong thread.  This isn't an NT/ET thread. 

Offline Mod5

« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2018, 09:08:26 pm »

Again, if you have a problem with the administration of the site, submit a MOD report. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2018, 09:09:05 pm »
Everybody's always trying to Diss Jefferson.  Poor guy only got the $2 Bill.

That's right.

The very first breath of our nation defines what it is for. That is not redrawn by the Constitution, but rather, must edify it. Precedent and all.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2018, 09:09:17 pm »
The only way to argue the 'rightness' of abortion is to completely suspend reality.

I don't think anyone here is trying to argue the "rightness" of abortion.  Much of the discussion has been about the legality of abortion and how to determine that when Lady Justice must be blind to any particular race, gender or creed.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2018, 09:10:41 pm »
Very loving and admirable of you and your wife @thackney   ... And one lucky kid.

So @thackney s is a lucky kid.  All the rest, complete with their individual DNA, are just unviable tissue masses.  Interesting reasoning there @Right_in_Virginia.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2018, 09:10:52 pm »
Again, if you have a problem with the administration of the site, submit a MOD report.

I've no problem with this @Mod5  --- and any other Mod.   Truth be told -- I find it rather entertaining.   :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2018, 09:11:54 pm »

...a bleeping joke.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald