Author Topic: Terrifying stories from tourists in Mexico continue a year after mysterious drowning  (Read 409 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Terrifying stories from tourists in Mexico continue a year after mysterious drowning
Raquel Rutledge and Taylor Palmby, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

A year after the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel brought to light a suspicious drowning and other troubling accounts from tourists vacationing at upscale all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, the stories continue to surface.

In one recent case, a 51-year-old mother and her two adult daughters blacked out simultaneously after drinking a shot of tequila. In another, a couple in their mid-60s vomited and blacked out after two margaritas. And in yet another, a woman from Los Angeles — who had not been drinking — was taken to jail for trying to help a woman who was blacking out in the pool. 

Since early July of 2017, the Journal Sentinel has heard from more than 170 travelers describing injuries, illnesses and deaths after drinking alcohol at resorts and in tourist towns in Mexico.

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/06/27/mexico-resorts-tainted-alcohol-assaults-blackouts-tourists-continue/737527002/

That's a lot of tourists they spoke to reporting these kinds of problems.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:42:55 am by TomSea »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The dumbasses think they can flip the bird at fate take their chances. People have known for over a decade that Mexico is a very dangerous turdhole.
The Republic is lost.

Offline thackney

The dumbasses think they can flip the bird at fate take their chances. Most People have known for over a decade that Mexico is a very dangerous turdhole.

U.S. travelers still flocking to Mexico despite State Department warnings
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-trade-deficit-in-goods-narrows-unexpectedly-in-may-2018-06-27

...The top destination for travel from the U.S. in 2018 is Cancun, Mexico, according to a new report from AAA travel, the Florida-based auto club, despite new warnings from The State Department against going there....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

The dumbasses think they can flip the bird at fate take their chances. People have known for over a decade that Mexico is a very dangerous turdhole.

My brother and his wife and several of my cousins and their spouses go to some Mexican resort every year.  One couple even takes their kids. 

And they think I'm nuts.

Offline skeeter

These dummies had better thank their lucky stars their drinks were only spiked. Tourists at Mexican resorts routinely die from drinking cheap homemade booze.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I consider people foolish for going to a place because it is beautiful, cheap and dangerous.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington