Author Topic: Both Sides On Abortion Agree: Roe Is In Play Now  (Read 1976 times)

Offline bilo

Re: Both Sides On Abortion Agree: Roe Is In Play Now
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2018, 10:58:56 pm »
Sandra Day O'Connor was one of the bigger disappointments the court produced, and she was nominated by Ronald Reagan.

I agree, but in the current climate any woman who is conservative has probably been under a lot of pressure to bend her views to the prevailing feminist orthodoxy and if she hasn't odds are she won't.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 11:22:25 pm »
Like hell it's in play.

Not. Gonna. Happen. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2018, 01:34:13 am »
Like hell it's in play.

Not. Gonna. Happen.
@DCPatriot

Reversing Roe V. Wade would merely be giving the states back the responsibility to legislate abortion.

So, California and Missouri can do what they see fit.

President Donald Trump: Unborn Babies Have a “Basic and Fundamental Human Right, the Right to Life”
National   Steven Ertelt   Jun 28, 2018  |   11:42AM    Washington, DC

President Donald Trump today issued a letter to the National to Life Committee as hundreds of pro-life advocates gather to open its national convention today in Kansas City.

http://www.lifenews.com/2018/06/28/president-donald-trump-unborn-babies-have-a-basic-and-fundamental-human-right-the-right-to-life/

And there's lots of other things that can be done, where that vote is crucial, we don't need taxpayer monies going to Planned Parenthood and probably a lot of other places.

Afterall, this should be up to the States anyway.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:34:48 am by TomSea »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2018, 02:06:00 am »
Like hell it's in play.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

It could if a case comes berfoe the Court, and they have the power to grant a trial, so who knows?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2018, 02:14:07 am »
It could if a case comes berfoe the Court, and they have the power to grant a trial, so who knows?

That is a real long shot. I think the better course is to chip away at it like what his happening now.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2018, 02:20:24 am »
Title:
"Both Sides On Abortion Agree: Roe Is In Play Now"

Migosh, it's been 11 years since I posted my thoughts on why Roe will never be overturned, even by a conservative court.

You can read them here if you wish:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1787224/posts?page=183#183

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2018, 09:22:56 am »
Charles Krauthammer called Roe V. Wade a travesty that needed to be reversed, so even he saw this.

So, I think we are at a different time in history, we learn more through science and so on.

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2018, 10:24:17 am »
Won’t happen.  Just as the Court refused to undo Miranda v. Arizona when squarely presented with a case that clearly justified its overruling.