Author Topic: Senate GOP shuns Stewart in Virginia  (Read 485 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Senate GOP shuns Stewart in Virginia
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:44:41 pm »
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/13/corey-stewart-virginia-republican-response-643587

President Donald Trump may be excited about Corey Stewart’s primary win in the Virginia Senate race, but Senate Republicans certainly aren’t.

The Senate GOP's campaign arm hasn't endorsed Stewart, who has made defending Confederate monuments a central plank of his political career. And its chairman said that the committee has "no plans" to spend any money on Stewart in his race against Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.).

"At the senatorial committee we're focusing on Missouri, Indiana, North Dakota, Montana, West Virginia and Florida. There are great races around the country. [Virginia] is not the map," said National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman Cory Gardner (R-Colo.). "We have a big map this year, and what I've laid out in races that I've talked about, Virginia's not on it."

"Sometimes in the primary process, the thing we try and get done is get the most electable candidate on the ballot in the fall. And that doesn't always happen," conceded Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), the No. 3 GOP leader.

more at link

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1006837459794251776
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Congratulations to Corey Stewart for his great victory for Senator from Virginia. Now he runs against a total stiff, Tim Kaine, who is weak on crime and borders, and wants to raise your taxes through the roof. Don’t underestimate Corey, a major chance of winning!

2:55 AM - 13 Jun 2018

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Senate GOP shuns Stewart in Virginia
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:50:36 pm »
Yet they fall all over idiots like McCain and Graham and Collins.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:54:14 pm »
Yet they fall all over idiots like McCain and Graham and Collins.

He supports the freedom to fly the Confederate flag.   That makes him radioactive, politically.

What Corey Stewart has going for him is that he's won elections in Virginia with said resume.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:55:39 pm »
He supports the freedom to fly the Confederate flag.   That makes him radioactive, politically.

What Corey Stewart has going for him is that he's won elections in Virginia with said resume.

Well good luck to him, but I wish Trump would have endorsed Freitas.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 11:07:09 pm »
Kilgore Trout @KT_So_It_Goes
22 hours ago

“I don’t like everything Corey Stewart has to say about minorities but CNN leaves me no choice but to vote for him”, coming soon to the federalist

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 11:22:07 pm »
I still want to know why we should allow the Washington swamp dwellers to dictate to us who we can nominate for any office anywhere!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 11:26:47 pm »
I still want to know why we should allow the Washington swamp dwellers to dictate to us who we can nominate for any office anywhere!

That's the $64 million question.  And it shows how every legislator with an R behind his/her name must pay attention to the wants of the swamp, not the people.