Author Topic: It looks like China knew about Trump stopping war games before the US military or South Korea did  (Read 550 times)

Offline Suppressed

It looks like China knew about Trump stopping war games before the US military or South Korea did
Alex Lockie   16h ago
http://www.businessinsider.com/china-knew-about-trump-stopping-korea-military-drills-before-us-military-2018-6

Joint US-South Korean war games held in 2015. Lee Jin-man/AP

• President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that the US and South Korea would stop joint military drills after meeting Kim Jong Un.
  • But the Pentagon and South Korea haven't heard anything about it, even though China apparently has.
  • US military forces in Korea have not received any direction to cease joint military drills, a spokesman said on Tuesday.
  • The US has long resisted calls to suspend military drills, even when offered a freeze in North Korean missile and nuclear testing in return.
  • It traditionally asserted that bilateral, planned, and transparent military drills are legal while North Korea's nuclear program is not.

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday after meeting with Kim Jong Un that the US and South Korea would stop military drills — but it appears China knew about it before the Pentagon did.

US military forces in Korea have not received any direction to cease joint military drills, a spokesman said on Tuesday, Reuters notes.

The South Korean military issued a statement to NBC News saying: "Regarding President Trump's comment regarding ending of the combined military drills..We need to find out the exact meaning or intention behind his comments at this point."

[...]

The US has long resisted calls from North Korea and China for a "suspension for suspension," whereby the US would stop military drills in exchange for a freeze in North Korean missile and nuclear testing.

Historically, the US has asserted that the bilateral, planned, and transparent military drills are legal while North Korea's nuclear program is not, so it would be blackmail to suspend them for Pyongyang.

[...]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:15:28 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Hey @Suppressed can you point out where in this article it shows that the Chinamen knew about this before everyone else? I've read it twice and other than the snowflake saying it, there isn't one shred of evidence it is even remotely true. Just some tweet from some dude saying it is so.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Kim probably reported in
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I like a lot of takes by Business Insider; often though, their reporters are amateurish. This may well be another example.  All they seem to have is some BBC reporter's twitter talking about a "suspension of a suspension".

https://twitter.com/StephenMcDonell