Author Topic: Connecticut town bans For Sale signs in front of homes. Guess why  (Read 752 times)

rangerrebew

Connecticut town bans For Sale signs in front of homes. Guess why

Jazz ShawPosted at 12:01 pm on June 11, 2018

Here’s an odd little story which is probably going to be cropping up more and more in blue states in the near future. The town of New Canaan, Connecticut is instituting a change this summer. Their Board of Realtors has passed a ban on “For Sale” signs placed in front of the properties where residents are selling their houses and moving away. Why is that? Well, if you ask the local government they’ll tell you that there’s simply no need for the signs anymore. Savvy shoppers are looking for houses online and besides… those signs are an eyesore anyway. (CBS New York)

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/11/connecticut-town-bans-sale-signs-front-homes-guess/

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Connecticut town bans For Sale signs in front of homes. Guess why
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:14:30 pm »
LOL. Just because you hide the signs doesn't mean that people are going to stick around. CT is a sewer.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 06:19:55 pm »

If you want to see where the sign ban crops up next, keep your eye on California. As of this spring, they recorded more people fleeing the state and moving there and it’s primarily middle class and lower-income families.

More Californians are moving from the Golden State, particularly lower-income residents, although even middle-class residents are saying goodbye.
The trend is a symptom of the state's housing crunch and, for some, high taxes.
Census Bureau data show California lost just over 138,000 people to domestic migration in the 12 months ended in July 2017.
Lower-cost states such as Arizona, Texas and Nevada are popular destinations for relocating Californians.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 06:27:03 pm »
In Texas the cost of living is VERY high.  We have scorpions, all kinds of snakes, wild hogs that will kill you if you make them mad.  A population that HATES northerners and west coasters....  I'd advise everyone to stay away!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:50:02 pm »
I lived in Connecticut for 6 years.  New Canaan is part of the more exclusive part of the state, certainly unaffordable when I lived there.

The state has occupied toilet space for the past couple of decades as liberal creep ruined it.

Let the entire state fold, we will all be better off.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:30:22 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 07:58:49 pm »
In Texas the cost of living is VERY high.  We have scorpions, all kinds of snakes, wild hogs that will kill you if you make them mad.  A population that HATES northerners and west coasters....  I'd advise everyone to stay away!

I just wrote a property tax check for one million dollars.  It's bad, I tells ya.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 08:02:38 pm »
First, the headline says "town" bans, but the article says it was passed by the "Board of Realtors"?

Second, why do I suspect the REAL motivation here is that realtors have better online tools for advertising houses, and therefore want to put restrictions on those who dare to sell their homes without them?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 08:04:10 pm »
I just wrote a property tax check for one million dollars.  It's bad, I tells ya.

Everything is BIGGER in TX!

Yee Haw
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 08:47:22 pm »

Amen, @mrpotatohead   Plus a lot of people say y'all and eat biscuits and gravy.  It is a total hellhole.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 08:59:33 pm »

What we lack in scenery, we make up for in mosquitoes and humidity.  We have two seasons, summer, and July-August-September.  It isn't the heat of August that drives out the Yankees, it's the heat of November.
James 1:20

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 12:57:09 am »
Next to Greenwich, New Canaan is perhaps the most uppity-class town in Connecticut.

They even had their own 8-mile branch of the New Haven Railroad up there, and for years there were private "club commuter" cars on some trains for those with enough $$$$ to "get in". The only reason they don't still have the private cars is because they got too old to run.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:57:42 am by Fishrrman »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 01:17:02 am »
Next to Greenwich, New Canaan is perhaps the most uppity-class town in Connecticut.

They even had their own 8-mile branch of the New Haven Railroad up there, and for years there were private "club commuter" cars on some trains for those with enough $$$$ to "get in". The only reason they don't still have the private cars is because they got too old to run.
Yep, it was an enclave of New Yorkers who crossed the state line to live as there were no income taxes in the state when I lived there in the 80s. A number of Fortune 500 companies had HQ in Fairfield County as well for same reason.

That all changed when the libs flexed their muscles and got their income taxes installed.

Now CT is worse than NY, difficult to believe.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington