Author Topic: Trump Will Ask Anthem Kneelers to Recommend Subjects for Presidential Pardon  (Read 539 times)

Offline endicom

PJ Media
Rick Moran
June 8, 2018

Excerpt:

The proposal won't go anywhere, which is exactly what Trump expects. His effort to "reach out" to protesting players may or may not be genuine, but it puts the protesting players on the defensive. Trump has made the first move. If the players, as expected, spurn his advance -- and probably call him all sorts of names in the process -- the players look small and petty while Trump looks large and magnanimous.

More... https://pjmedia.com/trending/trump-will-ask-anthem-kneelers-to-recommend-subjects-for-presidential-pardon/

Offline RoosGirl

Puts the offer for Ali's pardon in a little more context.  Will be interesting to see where this goes.

Offline endicom

Puts the offer for Ali's pardon in a little more context.  Will be interesting to see where this goes.

It could be interesting. I like the idea of turning their political games against them.

Oceander

However, since the president can only pardon for federal crimes, not state crimes, and since most police brutality cases are under state law, this is actually mostly pointless. 

Offline endicom

However, since the president can only pardon for federal crimes, not state crimes, and since most police brutality cases are under state law, this is actually mostly pointless.

I think the point is to neuter the race mongers.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

And Jack Johnson.   It's shrewd politics,  and I think represents a true impulse within the heart of the man.   
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:28:30 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide