Author Topic: Pelosi: Trump and GOP ‘Turn Their Backs on the Men and Women Who Have Bravely Donned the Uniform’  (Read 676 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi: Trump and GOP ‘Turn Their Backs on the Men and Women Who Have Bravely Donned the Uniform’

(CNSNews.com) - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi responded to President Donald Trump [1]’s signing of a law to reform the Veterans Administration and offer veterans more choice in health-care by saying that the “president and GOP Congress continue to turn their backs on the men and women who have bravely donned the uniform, pushing deep cuts to Medicaid, gutting SNAP [food stamps] and undermining vital protections for service members and families against Wall Street’s greed and abuse.”

The VA MISSION Act, which Trump signed today, will expand the ability of veterans to seek health-care outside government-run VA facilities. It will also create a commission that will examine which VA facilities should be closed and where new ones should be built.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/pelosi-trump-and-gop-turn-their-backs-men-and-women-who-have-bravely

rangerrebew

The old bat really is a lunatic.  It was Obama and the democrats who ran the military into the ground of which Trump is now digging them out. 10631

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The bigger question is why has Congress turned into a assisted living facility for the infirm and mentally incompetent.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

rangerrebew

Offline Night Hides Not

The bigger question is why has Congress turned into a assisted living facility for the infirm and mentally incompetent.

Easy answer: seniority is the coin of the realm in DC. For as much as we gripe about the likes of Pelosi and Feinstein, senior citizens on the other side like Grassley and Hatch need to go, too.

At least Orrin Hatch decided to retire. The history of the Legislative Branch is replete with examples of those on both sides of the aisle who stayed far too long, and profited oh so greatly, from "public service". Feel free to make your own list, but off the top of my head are: Teddy Kennedy, Strom Thurmond, John Dingell (whose wife now controls that seat), Robert Byrd, Thad Cochrane, etc.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

I'm sure that message will resonate with the American people.

Pelosi is truly addled - and needs to be re-elected as Minority Leader ASAP.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I'm sure that message will resonate with the American people.

Pelosi is truly addled - and needs to be re-elected as Minority Leader ASAP.

We need Nancy. She is like Herpes .. keeps on giving and giving.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com