Author Topic: New shutdown threat looms as Democrats oppose spending bill  (Read 484 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New shutdown threat looms as Democrats oppose spending bill
by Susan Ferrechio
 | June 07, 2018 12:00 AM

House Democrats are threatening to vote against the first wave of fiscal 2019 spending bills, forcing Republicans into a familiar fight with themselves over government funding that could leave them headed for another government shutdown threat in September.

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., is urging Democrats to vote against an upcoming “mini-bus” package that pulls together a few spending bills into one bill.

Without Democratic support, the measure could falter thanks to the usual opposition from staunch fiscal conservatives.

The House plans to vote Friday on the first bill — the Energy and Water, Legislative Branch and Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Act for fiscal year 2019. It’s the first in what House and Senate Republicans plan as a series of minibus measures that would allow Congress to avoid a yearslong habit of passing nearly all federal spending in one massive omnibus package.

Pelosi, however, told fellow Democrats to vote against the bill, even though the top-line funding for all 2019 nonmandatory spending will adhere to a bipartisan deal secured in March.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/new-shutdown-threat-looms-as-democrats-oppose-spending-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Re: New shutdown threat looms as Democrats oppose spending bill
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 01:00:42 pm »
Just que up another $1.7 trillion.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 01:10:58 pm »

I’ll never sign another bill like this again!
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 01:16:09 pm »
Pelosi, however, told fellow Democrats to vote against the bill,

A winning strategy to further advance the "Blue Wave" and push the rats to a majority in the House.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."