Author Topic: Report: Foles was only confirmed Eagles player set to visit White House  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Report: Foles was only confirmed Eagles player set to visit White House
MSN Sports, Jun 5, 2018, Mike Alessandrini

The Philadelphia Eagles' White House contingent would apparently have been a small one, as quarterback Nick Foles and potentially one other player were planning to attend the ceremony, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Monday fewer than 10 Eagles players were scheduled to appear at the White House with owner Jeffrey Lurie and head coach Doug Pederson before President Donald Trump canceled the event.

Foles, of course, was the MVP of Super Bowl LII, helping Philadelphia hoist its first Lombardi Trophy in franchise history.

More:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-foles-was-only-confirmed-eagles-player-set-to-visit-white-house/ar-AAygW7W?ocid=spartandhp

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sarah Sanders: 'Vast majority of Eagles decided to abandon their fans'
TSN, Jun 5, 2018, Canadian Press

President Donald Trump abruptly canceled his Tuesday ceremony celebrating the Philadelphia Eagles’ Super Bowl victory after many players declined to show up. The White House accused the players of abandoning their fans, and Trump quickly scheduled a “Celebration of America” with military bands as he stoked fresh controversy over players who protest racial injustice by taking a knee during the national anthem.

Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the team had notified the White House last Thursday that 81 members, including players, coaches and managers would be attending. But she said the team got back in touch late Friday and tried to reschedule, “citing the fact that many players would not be in attendance.” They proposed a time when Trump would be overseas.

Sanders said the White House continued to work with the team over the weekend, but in the end, “the Eagles offered to send only a tiny handful of representatives, while making clear that the great majority of players would not attend the event.”

“In other words,” she added, “the vast majority of the Eagles team decided to abandon their fans.”

The team did not immediately respond to a request for comment. An earlier statement did not directly addressing the cancellation.

More:  https://www.tsn.ca/sanders-the-vast-majority-of-the-eagles-team-decided-to-abandon-their-fans-1.1103927

debrawiest

Carson Wentz has said that he would have been there also.

So you continue with the ceremony. You honor the ones who show up. You give these two quarterbacks one heck of a White House tour. You lavish your praise on them. And you end up looking like the bigger person in this whole stupid ordeal.

Foles and Wentz are stellar men on and off the field. This could have been a great moment.

JMHO

Offline aligncare

These two players did not win the super bowl, the Philadelphia Eagles, as a team, won the super bowl.

These latest revelations just proves it,  Trump was right to call off the event.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:20:15 am by aligncare »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
These two players did not win the super bowl, the Philadelphia Eagles, as a team, won the super bowl.

These latest revelations just proves it,  Trump was right to call off the event.

There is no "I" in team.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

There is no "I" in team.

But there is "me".

Offline dfwgator

They just need to go back to how it used to be where the President calls the winning coach after the game in the locker room, and leave it at that.  The Leftists have ruined this particular tradition, so just end it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:25:51 pm by dfwgator »

Offline goatprairie

Both sides are wrong. Trump should keep his trap shut about the actions of athletes and other common citizens, and pro athletes  should realize  that it's the team being honored not them personally whoever is the president.
What are the chances of that happening? Should I hold my breath?

Offline WingNot

But there is "me".

Me me me me.  I wanna talk about me!

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
There is no "I" in team.

There ain't no "we" either...

! No longer available
Let it burn.

Offline dfwgator

There ain't no "we" either...

! No longer available

Those were funny commercials.

Offline Frank Cannon

Just more tangible evidence.......the Birds Suck.

Offline WingNot

there is no "I" in home maintenance .

! No longer available
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:54:18 pm by Wingnut »

Offline dfwgator

there is no "I" in home maintenance .

! No longer available

Spottswoode:
Remember, there's is no I in Team America.

I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E:
Yes, there is.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Spottswoode:
Remember, there's is no I in Team America.

I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E:
Yes, there is.

There's an aye in pirate too.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.