Author Topic: Car drives onto Maine field during baseball game, 1 man killed  (Read 738 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Car drives onto Maine field during baseball game, 1 man killed
By the Associated Press June 03, 2018

SANFORD, Maine — A car careened onto a field during a youth baseball game Friday night, striking and killing a man and sending screaming ballplayers and bystanders fleeing, police said.

Police said the car drove through an open gate at Goodall Park onto a ballfield, hitting Douglas Parkhurst, 68, of West Newfield, before attempting to speed away. Parkhurst died on the way to the hospital.

None of the players were injured.

Read more at: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/06/03/car-drives-onto-maine-field-during-baseball-game-man-killed/lvP9vn3QkyL4q8PLMHE6EL/story.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Car drives onto Maine field during baseball game, 1 man killed
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 05:37:01 pm »
Police arrested Carol Sharrow, 51, of Sanford, and charged her with manslaughter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 05:39:38 pm »
The woman has some history of driving under the influence though, the police did not provide information regarding any alcohol or drugs in her system.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 09:27:02 pm »
How many more of these senseless deaths is it going to take to get the government to finally step in and ban cars?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 09:49:17 pm »
The man who died was a hero, trying to protect the children ;(.  Prayers for his family.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 09:50:47 pm »
The man who died was a hero, trying to protect the children ;(.  Prayers for his family.

If I remember correctly, he killed a 4 year old many years ago.  Odd how that worked out.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 09:51:44 pm »
If I remember correctly, he killed a 4 year old many years ago.  Odd how that worked out.

Wow, that is a sad twist.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 10:06:47 pm »

Yes - fatally struck a girl in 1968 hit and run on Halloween.  Confessed in 2013.  No charges were filed.

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/06/02/man-hit-killed-by-car-at-sanford-ball-field-confessed-to-fatal-1968-hit-and-run/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.