Author Topic: Pelosi: 'Strong employment numbers mean little'  (Read 5658 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Pelosi: 'Strong employment numbers mean little'
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 08:45:08 pm »
You and I are of a skeptical bunch....

Its the smart approach.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 08:47:09 pm »
Due to the terminal TDS of the MSM, there's no way the Trump administration would put forth phony numbers.

Only when the media glows and praises an administration should the numbers be suspect.

Baloney

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2018, 08:57:28 pm »
Its the smart approach.

It's the safe one.  Less chance of being blindsided.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online LMAO

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 09:28:03 pm »
Well lucky for her we don't have strong employment numbers. Otherwise her statement would sound even more foolish than it already does.

However, it’s safe to say  that  if these similar jobs and employment numbers came out while we had a President Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi would be touting it as evidence of how successful Clinton’s economic  policies are

What we are going to need is consistent 3% or greater yearly GDP.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 10:09:54 pm »
It's the safe one.  Less chance of being blindsided.

'Scuse me, ladies, but I call it the cowardly approach.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2018, 10:24:27 pm »
I thought it was W that started using those fake jobs numbers.  Was it O?  Anyway, we all (including Trump) knew during the O admin that the numbers were bullshit to make things look better than they were.  They're still bullshit numbers, but as long as how they're calculating their bullshit numbers hasn't changed, then we can look at them relative to each other and see that the unemployment rate has improved.  The problem, as I see it, is that while he was campaigning (and I think maybe prior to that) called the numbers bullshit, and since being elected has touted them.  That's just being lazy; use the real numbers, that still show improvement, and explain how people have been duped by the previous administration(s).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 11:04:57 pm »

@Emjay

You would.  I swear, I am hurt to the core.

Added:  So now being a skeptic is being a coward.  Do you ever listen to yourself talk?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:09:59 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2018, 11:08:15 pm »
I thought it was W that started using those fake jobs numbers.  Was it O?  Anyway, we all (including Trump) knew during the O admin that the numbers were bullshit to make things look better than they were.  They're still bullshit numbers, but as long as how they're calculating their bullshit numbers hasn't changed, then we can look at them relative to each other and see that the unemployment rate has improved.  The problem, as I see it, is that while he was campaigning (and I think maybe prior to that) called the numbers bullshit, and since being elected has touted them.  That's just being lazy; use the real numbers, that still show improvement, and explain how people have been duped by the previous administration(s).

If he corrected the U3 calculation the number would necessarily jump, and the morons who think that number is Unemployment will assume he screwed this up too.  The only way to get it fixed is to junk it completely and force the morons to rely on the other, more correct numbers.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2018, 11:33:43 pm »
If he corrected the U3 calculation the number would necessarily jump, and the morons who think that number is Unemployment will assume he screwed this up too.  The only way to get it fixed is to junk it completely and force the morons to rely on the other, more correct numbers.

I thought Trump could get out any message he wanted to through the Magic Twitter Account.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2018, 11:36:05 pm »
@Emjay

You would.  I swear, I am hurt to the core.

Added:  So now being a skeptic is being a coward.  Do you ever listen to yourself talk?

Eff her.  "Coward" seems to be the word of the day around here for people who speak their minds.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2018, 04:28:55 am »

Oh!  Of course you do.  No surprise because you are the bestest darn Trump supporter there is.  Loyal too.  It wouldn't matter what he did it would be the right thing.

I have to add the bigliest too!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:31:13 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2018, 12:25:09 pm »
Due to the terminal TDS of the MSM, there's no way the Trump administration would put forth phony numbers.  Only when the media glows and praises an administration should the numbers be suspect. 

Here's a front page --- from top to bottom --- that should turn the MSM and Obama suicidal . ... @DCPatriot  If either could've .... they would've paid anything for this ....  :laugh:

Offline Mod1

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2018, 01:08:00 pm »
Attention all: Please stick to the subject at hand and refrain from insulting one another. Thanks.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2018, 01:28:34 pm »
The change in the economy has been noticeable since Trump came into office.

Many of the folks on this board live in bucolic, maybe exurban, unincorporated areas of the country, with less population and slower change. But, I live in bustling NYC and when more money begins circulating and paychecks fatten, the impact is felt and seen immediately on the streets as business activity picks up. For rent and for sale signs come down, shopping and dining out increase, street vendors proliferate, less homeless roam the streets.

I’ve also lived in rural, suburban and exurban areas, but they don’t reveal changes in economic activity like population and financial centers do. The mood shift is palpable.

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2018, 01:46:12 pm »
The change in the economy has been noticeable since Trump came into office.

Many of the folks on this board live in bucolic, maybe exurban, unincorporated areas of the country, with less population and slower change. But, I live in bustling NYC and when more money begins circulating and paychecks fatten, the impact is felt and seen immediately on the streets as business activity picks up. For rent and for sale signs come down, shopping and dining out increase, street vendors proliferate, less homeless roam the streets.

I’ve also lived in rural, suburban and exurban areas, but they don’t reveal changes in economic activity like population and financial centers do. The mood shift is palpable.

The mood shift is indeed "palpable" ... and in the best possible way.  Hiring is up, RFPs are flying out the doors, hell, even lunch time is different ... restaurants require reservations again and the buzz of conversations interrupted by bouts of laughter are again the norm.

Palpable, indeed!!

Oceander

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2018, 01:47:15 pm »
Ahh yes, Trump is God, bow down and worship all ye sinners!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2018, 01:48:29 pm »

You're a coward if you don't, and choose to be a skeptic.

OK, Mod1...hijack over.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2018, 01:55:12 pm »

I suspect you're again posting on autopilot because there's no way this can make sense or bear any relevance to the discussion --- even to *you*.  :facepalm2:

Oceander

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2018, 01:55:57 pm »
I suspect you're again posting on autopilot because there's no way this can make sense or bear any relevance to the discussion --- even to *you*.  :facepalm2:

Your Trump-worship blinds you.  It’s as sickening as Maureen Dowd’s Obama-worship, and cut from the same cloth. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:56:39 pm by Oceander »

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2018, 01:58:40 pm »
Your Trump-worship blinds you.  It’s as sickening as Maureen Dowd’s Obama-worship, and cut from the same cloth.

I also suspect your autopilot button is stuck.   :laugh:

Oceander

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2018, 02:00:50 pm »
I also suspect your autopilot button is stuck.   :laugh:

I know you sold your humanity for a mess of Trump pottage.

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2018, 02:06:04 pm »
I know you sold your humanity for a mess of Trump pottage.

Okay, you've fixed the autopilot button.  I suspect now you'll go about throwing out posts to qualify for winner of "the most crazy of the day".  I look forward to voting.  :laugh:

Later!   888high58888

Oceander

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2018, 02:07:28 pm »
Okay, you've fixed the autopilot button.  I suspect now you'll go about throwing out posts to qualify for winner of "the most crazy of the day".  I look forward to voting.  :laugh:

Later!   888high58888

:bigsilly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2018, 04:10:54 pm »
The mood shift is indeed "palpable" ... and in the best possible way.  Hiring is up, RFPs are flying out the doors, hell, even lunch time is different ... restaurants require reservations again and the buzz of conversations interrupted by bouts of laughter are again the norm.

Palpable, indeed!!

It's "palpable" everywhere but at TBR. 

When we get up and cheer good news, ...do the Teaberry Shuffle, we're making a god out of him.    :laugh:

And these are intelligent people.  Not yahoos.

"Vanity.   Definitely, my favorite sin!"    John Milton (Al Pacino)

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2018, 04:21:41 pm »

It's "palpable" everywhere but at TBR. 

When we get up and cheer good news, ...do the Teaberry Shuffle, we're making a god out of him.    :laugh:

And these are intelligent people.  Not yahoos.

"Vanity.   Definitely, my favorite sin!"    John Milton (Al Pacino)

I get up and cheer the good news a lot.  But I do not abandon my skepticism, and for that I am called a "coward" by some  (not you).   :shrug:

Is it any wonder I'm also a cynic?
I will NOT comply.