Author Topic: Paul Weston - The Orwellian Jailing of Tommy Robinson  (Read 808 times)

Offline Blizzardnh

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Paul Weston - The Orwellian Jailing of Tommy Robinson
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 08:56:07 am »
Geert "Winston Churchill" Wilders (English subtitles):

! No longer available

(Big) Protests at 10 Downing Street:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5777821/Tommy-Robinson-far-right-supporters-protest-Downing-Street-arrest.html

All translated, "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore."

One can read, the people just feel a bit powerless.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:59:04 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:08:28 am »
I've read around on some of this. To me, it seems some people are saying that the way the law works, Tommy, who was already under some sort of probation, broke the terms of his release in filming this and it might have something to do with his actions might not give the arrested a fair trial.... similar to the way, some people say that when the President talks about some case in the news, it might be hard for that person to get a fair trial.

I'm not saying I agree with that. That just seems to be part of the situation we are dealing with.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 10:49:07 am »
I've read around on some of this. To me, it seems some people are saying that the way the law works, Tommy, who was already under some sort of probation, broke the terms of his release in filming this and it might have something to do with his actions might not give the arrested a fair trial.... similar to the way, some people say that when the President talks about some case in the news, it might be hard for that person to get a fair trial.

I'm not saying I agree with that. That just seems to be part of the situation we are dealing with.
The thing thats irks me is that the UK Gov. has shut down the press on the whole issue. they cannot report on it.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 03:52:47 pm »
Agree or not, these are the official charges per News Week:

Why Was Tommy Robinson Arrested? Far-right Activist Jailed for 13 Months for 'Prejudicing Rape Trial'
By Ewan Palmer On 5/29/18

Far-right figurehead Tommy Robinson has been jailed for 13 months after he was found guilty of breaching British contempt of court laws by filming outside an ongoing trial, it can now be reported.

The sentencing of Robinson, 35, real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, can be revealed after British news sites the Independent and Leeds Live fought to lift the reporting restrictions imposed by a judge following his arrest outside Leeds Crown Court in North England on May 25.

In a case which has attracted worldwide attention, the far-right activist was arrested for potentially prejudicing a criminal case while streaming an hour-long Facebook Live video outside the court during a rape trial.

Continued at: http://www.newsweek.com/why-was-tommy-robinson-arrested-far-right-activist-jailed-13-months-947525

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 03:53:43 pm »
Tommy Robinson, Citizen Journalist,

The Sun, BBC, Daily Mail should have been out there covering the trial.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 11:23:36 am »
Excerpted article by Katie Hopkins:
I fear for Tommy Robinson — but this is about much more than one man
    May 29 2018 Politics BY katie hopkins

It’s an odd time to be British.

We like to think of ourselves as a proud nation, revelling in the old patriotism of Churchill and the Darkest Hour, grasping the threads of past times.

But these old ideas have worn thin now, through overuse. Because the simple truth is that Britain is lost.  ...

I wonder what this means for Tommy Robinson.

Just to be clear, I happen to agree with those of you who have no patience for Tommy. He was on a suspended sentence and he knew the potential repercussions of being near the court – he knew he would be at risk of arrest, yet he failed to have his solicitor with him. And I understand the frustrations of those who say he could have prevented justice being done, that he might have been responsible for enabling the animals accused of raping underage white girls, whom they see as trash, to escape justice.

But let me ask you this:

Where was the swift justice for our girls? Where was the 8-hour sentencing for the monsters who repeatedly raped an 11-year-old girl?

Even if you disagree with Tommy’s actions, perhaps we can agree that an historical willingness to turn a blind eye, to look the other way, to follow orders not to see, to fail to hear the truths of these young girls being repeatedly raped – all this is what got us into this mess in the first place.  ...
Read the entire article at Hopkins World
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org