Author Topic: Remembering Three of the Fallen F-105 Thunderchief Heroes of the Vietnam Era  (Read 386 times)

rangerrebew

Remembering Three of the Fallen F-105 Thunderchief Heroes of the Vietnam Era
May 28 2018 - 0 Comments
By Tom Demerly
The Remarkable Exploits of Three Thunderchief Pilots Are a Must-Read on Memorial Day.

It’s Memorial Day in the United States, part of a long three-day weekend where people in the U.S. reflect on the high cost of freedom and liberty as they remember those who sacrificed their lives for it. While it is a somber holiday it is also a celebration of heroes. Heroes who set the highest bar for selflessness, honor and sacrifice. It is a day when we recalibrate what it means to be an American.

There are a remarkable number of great American stories to be told on Memorial Day. Realistically, far too many to tell in a single day. I find these stories daily in research about military aviation history. Even after years I unearth new names and heroic exploits every week. It is a seemingly endless tablet of remarkable tales etched into the bedrock of freedom’s foundation. And as history arcs forward into the future, the foundation is expanded by more and more heroes.

https://theaviationist.com/2018/05/28/remembering-three-of-the-fallen-f-105-thunderchief-heroes-of-the-vietnam-era/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
WOW!  Capt. Samuel E. Waters sure did have a "Clint Eastwood" "thing" going on even before Clint got it going on,didn't he?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
WOW!  Capt. Samuel E. Waters sure did have a "Clint Eastwood" "thing" going on even before Clint got it going on,didn't he?
Not to take away from the good Captain but Clint had his Clint on first, starting with Rawhide in 59' and classic already in 64' with Fist full of Dollars. That being said I bet the good Captain had to beat em off with a stick.