Author Topic: Woman walks away from fight with grizzly  (Read 1928 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Woman walks away from fight with grizzly
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 02:38:59 am »
In my high school days would spend a month or two surviving on a match in the Pintler and Bob Marshal

@montanajoe
Been there done that... Been deep in the Bob Marshal for months... Long enough to go native... Same with the Yaak and the Bitterroot (sorta out of Victor), and the Wind River country down in WY... Been down in the Big Hole, but just a bit... The Bob Marshal, The Great Bear, and the Swan Valley were pretty much my playground.

If you're lucky you run out of food stores in 10 days, coffee and tobacco in 20... Those middlin 10 days are hard. Then you start coming into tune with the land. You can hear the Father whispering in the wind, and you never want to come down. That is where I was alive.

then the Army opened up whole new opportunities in SE Asia.

Then you came at it before me. I learned how from the likes of you. The two guys who taught me most were a pair of LRRP Rangers - They were partners in Nam, and stayed that way for many years thereafter.

To be honest ..I'll take the wife to cuddle and its no body's business what else.. :shrug:

Suits me fine.  :shrug:
My point being that walking the deep forest without arms is not recommended.

But happily, I now have a hilljilly gal to haul along. She's all for it. And it's a new thing for me. Never walked off with my ex a single time. So the deep woods cuddlin thing is gonna take practice, practice, practice... :)

But there's trouble in paradise. She likes a hammock, and I am a ground-dweller  :shrug:

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 02:51:57 am »
My friend we are very similar in our views. Sometimes I get pissed with all of the out of stater's  trying to change the place but I always remember winter is on our side.

God, country and traditional values   :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 03:36:25 am »
My friend we are very similar in our views. Sometimes I get pissed with all of the out of stater's  trying to change the place but I always remember winter is on our side.

God, country and traditional values   :beer:

That's all right. Mother still lives in our clan home, right on the edge of town... And she is done with it... We are all lookin to pick up and get out of Dodge. Kalispell is too dang big anymore. Not too far, but looking for Mayberry RFD again. Maybe Trego (I love the Fisher River country), or maybe Stryker, or the Proctor/Nirada area... Go where it's too tough for those folks you are talking about...

Wherever it is, @montanajoe , you are welcome on my porch.

:beer: :seeya:

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 02:18:24 pm »
I feel sorry for the girl.  Damn few men are going to be able to measure up to that.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 02:20:26 am »
That's all right. Mother still lives in our clan home, right on the edge of town... And she is done with it... We are all lookin to pick up and get out of Dodge. Kalispell is too dang big anymore. Not too far, but looking for Mayberry RFD again. Maybe Trego (I love the Fisher River country), or maybe Stryker, or the Proctor/Nirada area... Go where it's too tough for those folks you are talking about...

Wherever it is, @montanajoe , you are welcome on my porch.

:beer: :seeya:

Thank you might take you up on that next time I'm in your neck of the woods...