Author Topic: Trump welcomes 'productive' statement from North Korea, says Dems 'rooting against' talks  (Read 1763 times)

rangerrebew

Trump welcomes 'productive' statement from North Korea, says Dems 'rooting against' talks

By Brooke Singman

Published May 25, 2018
FoxNews.com

President Trump kept the diplomacy door open with North Korea on Friday, welcoming the regime's latest “productive” statement following the administration’s decision to cancel the highly anticipated summit with Kim Jong Un.

Trump nixed the summit, which was slated for June 12 in Singapore, following threats from North Korea. But hours after the U.S. pulled out of the meeting, North Korea issued a statement suggesting the regime was open to talks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/25/trump-welcomes-productive-statement-from-north-korea-says-dems-rooting-against-talks.html

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Amazing what can happen sometimes when you show a willingness to walk away from the bargaining table....

Offline aligncare

One might say Trump’s got pretty good situational awareness. I wouldn’t want to bet against him in poker.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Trump welcomes 'productive' statement from North Korea, says Dems and NT'ers 'rooting against' talks.

888high58888
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

Amazing what can happen sometimes when you show a willingness to walk away from the bargaining table....

Contract Negotiation 101.

Our government hasn't employed it often enough, apparently politics get in the way.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Oh goody...more words.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The democrats rushed to microphones yesterday to tell the world how stupid and inept this president is.  They really don't want this effort to succeed.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Oh goody...more words.

And you'd prefer...what, exactly?  No attempt to negotiate at all?  Because any negotiation involves -- by definition -- words.  And if you're going to mock "words", then the only way to avoid your mockery is to never do any negotiations at all.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 04:09:09 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline GrouchoTex

The democrats rushed to microphones yesterday to tell the world how stupid and inept this president is.  They really don't want this effort to succeed.

Defending MS-13 and North Korea is just insanity.
Dems are losing it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump welcomes 'productive' statement from North Korea, says Dems and NT'ers 'rooting against' talks.

888high58888

@Wingnut  Yes, the Dems are rooting against the talks.  The Dems would gladly sacrifice the country if they could get power back, and a Trump victory in these talks would be a dark day for them.

But, but, but ... if you were on the 'cancellation' thread that was members only yesterday, you had an unfortunate glimpse of a similar viewpoint from some of our beloved NTers.  Sad.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And you'd prefer...what, exactly?  No attempt to negotiate at all?  Because any negotiation involves -- by definition -- words.  And if you're going to mock "words", then the only way to avoid your mockery is to never do any negotiations at all.

@Maj. Bill Martin   or maybe @Once-Ler could consider using fewer words until he can find some that make sense.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Wingnut  Yes, the Dems are rooting against the talks.  The Dems would gladly sacrifice the country if they could get power back, and a Trump victory in these talks would be a dark day for them.

But, but, but ... if you were on the 'cancellation' thread that was members only yesterday, you had an unfortunate glimpse of a similar viewpoint from some of our beloved NTers.  Sad.

No we didn't.  We had a couple of posters insulting other posters and apparently that was enought to get it moved. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No we didn't.  We had a couple of posters insulting other posters and apparently that was enought to get it moved.

I wasn't talking about it getting moved.  I didn't even know why.  But I got more than a glimpse of Trump hate so strong that it brought out the worst in several members.

I thought we had moved past the ruthless insult stage.  Maybe not.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wasn't talking about it getting moved.  I didn't even know why.  But I got more than a glimpse of Trump hate so strong that it brought out the worst in several members.

I thought we had moved past the ruthless insult stage.  Maybe not.

Maybe if we actually move past it and quit calling other members names, it will happen. Sorry, but keeping it alive isn't helping. 

Now, I'll quit hijacking the topic.  Please PM me if you want to discuss it more.   ^-^

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:29:07 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Maybe if we actually move past it and quit calling other members names, it will happen. Sorry, but keeping it alive isn't helping. 

Now, I'll quit hijacking the topic.  Please PM me if you want to discuss it more.   ^-^

No, no PMs from me. 

Offline GrouchoTex

888high58888

I don't know.
The Dems, yeah, they hope he fails.
I don't think NT's want him to fail, but they already think he will.

Interesting, I was thinking about this in the context of the primaries and the election.
I would consider myself a Trump supporter today, but not an AT.
I was more of an NT back then.
After all, I had the audacity to choose Cruz over Trump.
One of the names I was called was "Glo-BULL-ist".
See, I would think, back then an AT would be more likely to want this to fail.
After all, it isn't MAGA and some of his staunchest supporters were somewhat isolationist in their viewpoint.

Just my $2.48 cents worth

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline WingNot

Where is the hookah smoking caterpillar is what I want to know?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Where is the hookah smoking caterpillar is what I want to know?

On that other thread.  Duh.

Offline WingNot

On that other thread.  Duh.

I guess I should have asked Alice then. ;(

Offline GrouchoTex

I guess I should have asked Alice then. ;(

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know.

Offline WingNot

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know.

Only when she is 10 feet tall. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

888high58888

IIRC, there were at least a 'few' of them who chimed in...wearing their 'Told U So' and 'What-a-Joke' hats.

We keep asking, "When will the rest of these hold-outs, stop digging"?   (Well, I do.  :laugh:)

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Okaaaay....?

Nothing personal.  I am still stinging from a couple of private messages I got that were nothing more than insults and which did not accept replies.

I'll try to give up dredging the past (from yesterday) about the nastiness.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Nothing personal.  I am still stinging from a couple of private messages I got that were nothing more than insults and which did not accept replies.

I'll try to give up dredging the past (from yesterday) about the nastiness.

Oh, I see.  Sorry you had to go through that.