Author Topic: If more are dying at schools than combat zones, there's a big problem  (Read 354 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If more are dying at schools than combat zones, there's a big problem
By Maria Cardona, opinion contributor — 05/22/18 11:15 AM EDT

The tragic school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas last week was the 22nd school shooting of 2018.

We are barely passed the five-month mark, which means we have averaged about one school shooting a week since the beginning of this year. In fact, there are reports that this year, deaths in school shootings have surpassed deaths in the military.

Let’s think about that for a moment. For this year, it has become more dangerous to send our kids to school than to send them to our armed forces, where at least families know the risks, and that those risks are in defense of our country.

As usual, the clear lines of the debate were drawn the moment news broke of this tragic event. Proponents of stricter gun safely laws immediately regretted the inability of our country’s lawmakers to pass anything meaningful that would prevent these tragedies.

more
http://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/388767-in-2018-its-more-dangerous-to-be-at-school-than-in-a-combat-zone
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Just so you know....Crazy Joe pushed its passage but, Papa Bush signed it. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Just so you know....Crazy Joe pushed its passage but, Papa Bush signed it.
Daddy Bush signed the legislation which severely restricted the availability of newly manufactured Class III firearms, too.(LEOs and Military and dealers only). Which made a transferable (real, select fire) AK-47 worth multiples of its value on the open market, globally.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis