Author Topic: Jimmy Kimmel On His Upfronts Return, Telling Trump Jokes & Hosting The Oscars  (Read 384 times)

rangerrebew

Jimmy Kimmel On His Upfronts Return, Telling Trump Jokes & Hosting The Oscars
by Dominic Patten
May 11, 2018 12:57pm

Associated Press

SPOILER ALERT: This story contains possible details of Jimmy Kimmel’s upfronts 2018 routine … unless it all gets changed at the last minute. 

“Sometimes there is such low-hanging fruit, you have to choose between 12 jokes on one subject, and picking the right ones is something I obsess over,” Jimmy Kimmel admits about his preparation for his annual sardonic stand-up routine during ABC’s upfront presentation. “Then I’ve found too that, almost inevitably, my best jokes come to me around 3 in the morning when I’m sitting there alone.”

http://deadline.com/2018/05/jimmy-kimmel-upfronts-donald-trump-jokes-oscars-interview-1202387084/
In a room packed with network executives, media, producers and advertisers, Kimmel certainly won’t be alone when he takes the stage at Lincoln Center’s David Geffen Hall on Tuesday for his 15th roast of the Disney-owned net and the television industry. This year would actually have been the two-time Oscar frontman and late-night host’s 16th upfront, but Kimmel bowed out in 2017 to stay close to home after his newborn son Billy had to undergo open heart surgery just three days after being born.

rangerrebew

Well, well, well.  Is Holloweird finally figured out what the average guy has felt for a long time, that Trump bashing appeals only to liberals and not even all of them?  Sagging ratings have a way of waking up those whose love of money costs them.