Author Topic: Trump drops a bombshell on immigration, and no one bothers to report it  (Read 13667 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Bullshit.

You say that like it's a good thing.

It IS a good thing.   Prosperity liberates the human race - including women.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline dfwgator

EMPLOYERS favor more immigration because they cannot find enough of the reliable labor they need among the native born.

They favor more immigration not out of "woeful ignorance" but because they are on the ground trying to get the help they need to stay in business.   

Don't explain to me why 90 million of our native-born don't or won't work - explain that to employers.   Meanwhile, I favor more immigration.     

I favor getting rid of welfare for the able-bodied,  that will eliminate the need for the vast majority of immigration.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
EMPLOYERS favor more immigration because they cannot find enough of the reliable labor they need among the native born.

They favor more immigration not out of "woeful ignorance" but because they are on the ground trying to get the help they need to stay in business.   

Don't explain to me why 90 million of our native-born don't or won't work - explain that to employers.   Meanwhile, I favor more immigration.     

And so do I, @Jazzhead !

But I would prefer to control from which countries they originate...for the next couple of decades.

If the Nordic countries insist on emigrating hordes of Muslims, why not welcome ones not accepting that wave?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

Indulge them?  Immigration is crucial to our economic well-being.   We cannot sustain economic growth without immigration;  the birthrate of the native born is at or below replacement level.   And as the baby boomers age, who is going to care for them?

(1)An under-educated immigration legal, or illegal, which drains resources, will not be an adequate workforce to replace or supplement a retiring boomer generation.
Only an educated workforce can do that, an there is a large example posted on how the immigrant, legal or not, generally is not educated enough, is a drain on the welfare system, and more likely to be a burden than someone native born.

(2) "Who is going to care for______ fill in the blank.
This is (not surprisingly) is a statist attitude.
Since when would _______ not be responsible for their own care?

Offline roamer_1

I know exactly what I am talking about.   

No, you really don't.
The bounty of a family is not what's on the table. It's what's around the table. And there is no woman more honored, respected, and powerful, than a matriarch in the midst of her 'brood' - children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

What liberalism (which you spew constantly) offers is cheap, tawdry, and moth-eaten, and robs women of far, far more than it gives them.

Offline roamer_1

It IS a good thing.   Prosperity liberates the human race - including women.

Yes it does - But what you're selling is not prosperity.

Offline GrouchoTex

@Jazzhead

"But anti-immigrant nativism is just a recipe for continued law-breaking."

This is nonsense.

Continued from what?

Where do you get this daily news, and keen insight that keeping people who go on welfare and drain our resources makes us continued lawbreakers?
Even those coming here legally are more likely to go on the dole than native born Americans.

if for some reason you fail at understanding all of this, please see @Sanguine post # 64.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump, strongest performance in the Deep South in probably a very long time. Oh, that doesn't count,,,, egads... :nometalk: and now, with Ted Cruz's endorsement for 16 and 20, have to say, some of this sounds like just planting discord.

Offline GrouchoTex

No, you really don't.
The bounty of a family is not what's on the table. It's what's around the table. And there is no woman more honored, respected, and powerful, than a matriarch in the midst of her 'brood' - children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

What liberalism (which you spew constantly) offers is cheap, tawdry, and moth-eaten, and robs women of far, far more than it gives them.

Ab-so-freakin-lute-ly right!

:amen:

Offline GrouchoTex

Trump, strongest performance in the Deep South in probably a very long time. Oh, that doesn't count,,,, egads... :nometalk: and now, with Ted Cruz's endorsement for 16 and 20, have to say, some of this sounds like just planting discord.

Okay @TomSea

Usually, I get the gist of where you are coming from, but now it's....

My turn!

What are you talking about?

I'm gonna need you or someone to Tomsplain this.....

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
It's also a very recent development that a good number of the people coming into this country are not here to become Americans, but to take what they can and feel that the government should accommodate them.  Before they tended to "blend into the melting pot".

But now the term "melting pot" is considered racist, don'cha know.

@dfwgator Actually, around the turn of the 19th/20th century, there was a lot of anti-immigrant sentiment directed at Italians and Balkans who came here, worked and saved money, and returned home once they'd made their "fortunes" in America.  We've been in a similar position before.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@dfwgator Actually, around the turn of the 19th/20th century, there was a lot of anti-immigrant sentiment directed at Italians and Balkans who came here, worked and saved money, and returned home once they'd made their "fortunes" in America.  We've been in a similar position before.

No, ma'am, we haven't.  They still learned English, were somewhat integrated into society and were a much smaller portion of the whole population.

Offline skeeter

I understand - your conclusions are not logic based - they're grounded in dogma.

Unfortunately slogans, while convenient in debate, don't necessarily equal truth.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 06:55:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

Except now we pay them to stay (and vote) and no one returns home.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Jazzhead
The main driver behind slavery was cheap labor as well.

You favor illegal immigration.   

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GrouchoTex

By not making it more difficult for the 90 million to stay unemployed and hiring immigrants, they are doing a favor to neither.

The 90 million never understand the value of work and self sufficiency, while you exploit the immigrant by underpaying for the labor.
The most sympathetic play would be to reduce welfare to a means-tested bare-bones minimum, and lesson legal immigration to only those positions necessary, and stop illegal immigration altogther.

You,by favoring more immigration, actually helps neither cause.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:04:18 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline LauraTXNM

No, ma'am, we haven't.  They still learned English, were somewhat integrated into society and were a much smaller portion of the whole population.

@Sanguine  The Italians I'm talking about didn't learn English.  They worked, saved, and went home.  The anger at the time was about them wanting to work here but not BECOME American.

It's not the same as our issue today, but it has similar elements.  My point is, history rhymes.  Not meaning to argue with you, though; I think we're in agreement on the larger issue.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

Except now we pay them to stay (and vote) and no one returns home.

@skeeter, Right, and assimilation is still low/slow/nonexistent.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We need to seriously take a 2-3 year pause in this 50 year flood of immigrants both legal and illegal.

It's a little too late for that.  We needed a decades-long stop to all immigration here about 20 years ago.

The ones we have here need to assimilate into American culture values and the language

No such thing anymore.  What once was a distinct American culture has been declared racist, culturally evil and exploitive, intolerant, privileged, sexist, homophobic and having achieved prosperity via theft and genocide.  It is not taught or expected of our own children to revere, and the foundational principles that established us, have been dug up and discarded.

What culture praytell are the 'immigrants' supposed to assimilate into since we no longer have one... officially?

We are a Welfare State with open borders at the behest of our own government that rules us.

instead of creating little balkanized subcultures within the U.S. that don't have anything to do with the things that make America what it is.

That is a thirty-years too-late observation.  We are already balkanized politically, ethnically, religiously, economically and culturally.  We no longer have a core set of principles or beliefs that everyone agrees and adheres to anymore outside of wanting to make a Big Behemoth Government even bigger so that it can make make provision for all whom are declared special, create fairness, punish offenders of new belief and behavior and create the illusion of safety.  That's it.

America what it is now, is not what it once was.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
  We've been in a similar position before.

Actually no we haven't.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
and now, with Ted Cruz's endorsement for 16 and 20, have to say, some of this sounds like just planting discord.

Cruz has never uttered the words "I endorse Donald Trump".

Someone needs to quit lying.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

If you put on the ruby slippers and click your heels together enough times and say "it's not a lie", then you're not really lying.  You've just got to believe.

Offline Hoodat

And why shouldn't a hard-working immigrant be able to educate his kids?   And get care for his kids when they get sick?   What alternative do you propose to the emergency room?   

They can do what I do - pay out of pocket.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LauraTXNM

If you put on the ruby slippers and click your heels together enough times and say "it's not a lie", then you're not really lying.  You've just got to believe.

@txradioguy @Sanguine  I find it hard to believe, too, but someone here has a quote from Cruz as his/her tag line.  When I find it, I'll let you all know.  I was really surprised to see it.

Offline Hoodat

@txradioguy

The argument being offered by TomSea as proof that Trump is a Conservative is that 'Ted Cruz endorsed him'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-