Author Topic: Report: Hatch calls McCain request that Trump not attend his funeral 'ridiculous'  (Read 322 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/386565-hatch-ridiculous-for-mccain-to-request-that-trump-not-attend-his-funeral
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said on Monday that it is “ridiculous” for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) to request President Trump not attend his funeral.

“I think it’s ridiculous,” Hatch said, adding that he hopes McCain reconsiders his request, Politico reporter Burgess Everett reported.

Hatch's comments would represent the first criticism from a GOP colleague of McCain's reported decision to not have Trump attend his funeral.

Hatch said it was up to McCain whether to invite Trump, but said if he were in McCain's position, he would invite the president.

"Well, he's the president of the United States and he's a very good man. But it's up to [McCain]. I think John should have his own wishes fulfilled with regard to who attends the funeral," he told Politico.

More at link

James Hasson @JamesHasson20
23h

Please finish this sentence for me: "It is wrong for John McCain to not invite a guy who mocked his POW status to speak at his funeral because ___"

Whether you like him or not, if your first reaction to that story is "what an insult to Trump," you may want to rethink some things

It is wrong for John McCain to not invite a guy who mocked his POW status to speak at his funeral because it’s ridiculous.  Thanx Senator Hatch.