Author Topic: NY Attorney General Eric Schneiderman resigns amid sexual harrassment allegations  (Read 4020 times)

Offline corbe

I'll give Trump credit for that 2013 Tweet @DCPatriot, WoW, what insight. 
  Credit taken away for donating to this slimeballs campaign in 2014.

I know I've seen it before (Trumps donations to this guy) on opensecrets.org, mysteriously, it has disappeared.
   It was his Lawyer, Michael Cohen that made the last donation in 2013.

• July 20, 2013: Michael Cohen gets a letter from Schneiderman thanking him for the $1,000 contribution.

Lots of Bad Blood between these two going back years.

The Malversation of Eric Schneiderman
Jeffrey Lord
December 5, 2013, 11:00 am

Uh-oh.

New York Attorney General Eric “Shakedown” Schneiderman has just been walloped with an ethics complaint.

A long and meticulously detailed 228-page ethics complaint.

Filed by… Donald Trump.

While the word isn’t in the complaint, the New York State Constitution has a specific term for what Trump is describing.

That would be found in Article XIII, Section 5, which provides for the removal of state officials — including the attorney general — for “misconduct or malversation….”

What is “malversation”? Webster’s defines it this way:

improper or corrupt behavior, esp. in public office

<..snip..>

https://spectator.org/56979_malversation-eric-schneiderman/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon   I hope, but the undertow often stops at the top.

This mumble mouth moron Gov in NY is on thin ice. He is surrounded by corruption and has a credible challenge to his left from Nixon. It has him spooked so much that he is talking about her non stop. He also has made a lot of enemies in the state from DeBlasio and the comptroller.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
@EasyAce   To his credit?  Or maybe to stop the investigation before it headed back in his own direction.
Yes. (He did jump to call for the resignation practically the minute The New Yorker hit cyberspace with the story.)

To both. (The least surprise would be the investigation heading his way.)

;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:54:55 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Eric Schneiderman, JD Harvard Law

i.e. "Elites" from both parties attended this fine (and other comparable) institution,

and look down upon those that attended states schools, etc.
I've always said, never trust anything that comes out of Harvard. I'm still perplexed at how Ted Cruz managed to survive it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I've always said, never trust anything that comes out of Harvard. I'm still perplexed at how Ted Cruz managed to survive it.

Are you kidding?  He's got political assassination blood flowing through his veins.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

NBC, MSNBC’s bizarre and awkward snub of Ronan Farrow after groundbreaking NY AG sex abuse story
May 9, 2018 | BPR Wire

Both NBC and MSNBC appear to have made a concerted effort to block Ronan Farrow from appearing on either network to talk about his bombshell report on New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s alleged abuse — instead opting to interview his co-author, Jane Mayer.  ...

NBC’s official explanation for dropping Farrow’s Weinstein investigation was it needed more time to verify its accuracy. Farrow subsequently left NBC entirely and signed a contract with HBO in January instead.

During Tuesday’s airing of “The Today Show” and “NBC Nightly News” with Lester Holt, Farrow’s name was never even uttered. Instead, anchors credited The New Yorker with breaking the story, without  mentioning either authors by name.

Bizarrely, the anchor on Nightly News first introduces the story as “circling the New York tabloids,” as if Schneiderman’s alleged behavior is simply blind-item gossip.  ...   :pondering:
More at BizPac Review
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GrouchoTex

I am thinking his whole reason for taking down Trump was to do so before Trump could take him down,
Schneiderman wasn't doing this for some altruistic "save-the-country" nonsense motivation.
He would like people to believe he was, but......................................no.