Author Topic: Rescue workers in Poland located 3rd coal miner, 4 missing  (Read 435 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rescue workers in Poland located 3rd coal miner, 4 missing
by Monika Scislowska | AP

WARSAW, Poland — Rescuers have located a third miner out of seven who went missing after an earthquake struck a coal mine Saturday in southern Poland, a mining official said. Two were rescued earlier with non-life threatening injuries.

Daniel Ozon, head of the Jastrzebie Coal Company, said they can see the third miner and have contact with him, but they still need to reach him. Four miners have yet to be located.

More than 200 rescuers and support teams were working through the rubble and pumping air to the search area to find the missing miners, Ozon said.

Read more at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/7-miners-missing-in-poland-after-tremor-hits-coal-mine/2018/05/05/7ac5f402-5066-11e8-85c1-9326c4511033_story.html?utm_term=.04202d573045

Trying to find the 4 others, thankfully, 3 have been found now.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Rescue workers in Poland located 3rd coal miner, 4 missing
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 12:54:37 am »
Also:

Coalmine blast kills 16 in southwest Pakistan: officials
Gul Yousafzai2 Min Read

QUETTA, Pakistan (Reuters) - At least 16 miners died on Saturday and more than a dozen others remained trapped after an explosion in a coalmine in southwest Pakistan, officials said.

The blast in the Marwar coalfields in Baluchistan province was caused by a build-up of methane gas inside the mine, Director of Disaster Management Attaullah Khan said.

“We have retrieved 11 bodies”, Khan said, adding five others were still in the mine.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pakistan-mineers/coalmine-blast-kills-16-in-southwest-pakistan-officials-idUSKBN1I60RS

I should be concerned with all.

Offline berdie

Re: Rescue workers in Poland located 3rd coal miner, 4 missing
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 12:33:15 am »
I come from a back ground of coal miners. These things always touch my heart....no matter where they happen.