Author Topic: RED WAVE? Poll Shows Republicans Could Pick Up 9 Senate Seats  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: RED WAVE? Poll Shows Republicans Could Pick Up 9 Senate Seats
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2018, 06:21:17 pm »
The “Senate” is not blocking it...5-7 lily livered Republicans of the Snowe, Murkowski, Flake, McCain ilk are blocking it. These 5-7 Never Trumpers have the power to thwart everything from Obamacare repeal to the Border Wall. It’s unjust, and politically stupid, to blame the other 43-45 GOP Senators who ARE voting for these essential items. It’s a bit of microcosm for what is going on nationally in the GOP.

@Mesaclone.  You are keeping me sane.  I hope it's okay with you if I copy your post and repeat it throughout this thread.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018, 06:24:23 pm »
That's very admirable. We have an organization here,  that takes volunteers for canvassing. It's not easy to do. I do think, canvassing undoubtedly, has had very effective results though.

Canvassing does work.  If someone comes to my door and gives a good pitch for their candidate, I take that very seriously.  At times, it has even changed my vote.  So march on, @Freya you are fighting the good fight.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 06:33:11 pm »
If Trump survives and if we can stop the voting fraud, I predict the Republicans will pick up at least these nine.   

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2018, 07:08:50 pm »
That lead could very well evaporate IF the Senate continues to block Trump's agenda. Build the Wall!
Secure our borders. Stop the invasion.

Polls are polls and the mid terms are months away. Polling data last several elections cycles haven't been reliable. I do agree, that both the GOP House and Senate need to get their act together if they expect to keep their seats.

Not just securing the borders and building a wall, but I believe the 2nd Amendment will draw attention as well as healthcare.  Must of the GOP campaigned on these issues  and so far have been a huge disappointment!

My governor in FL trampled on the 2A and now running for Senator. I'll vote in the primary, but depending on who wins the primary not sure I'll be voting in the actual mid terms. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2018, 11:58:23 pm »
@Mesaclone.  You are keeping me sane.  I hope it's okay with you if I copy your post and repeat it throughout this thread.

Its all yours Emjay! Believe me, you and a few others here are what keeps me going as well. Thanks for your insight and sanity each and every day here.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2018, 02:22:14 am »
Applewood wrote:
"So many people believe all Republicans are conservative.  Not necessarily."

That is a point well-taken.
But...

99% of the "D" party candidates are democrat-COMMUNISTS !!
Vote for them, and... you get what you deserve.

(At least I can in good conscience vote for the "R" candidate, even if I DON'T "get what I deserve"...)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2018, 02:24:49 am »
Frank Cannon wrote:
"That would be Lou Barletta. Lou also is very good with people when he stumps, something other candidates were terrible at. I don't have a lot of hope, but I have some."

Lou has the perfect campaign issue for this election:
Immigration.

It's what "got him started" originally back when he was the mayor of Hazelton, right...?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2018, 02:26:57 am »
Good news... But..
There is allot of counterfeit Republicans with a wrench to throw into the mechanism.

An EXCELLENT observation @darroll!  Welcome to TBR. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2018, 02:31:52 am »
Yep, the map favors the repubs

Offline Fantom

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2018, 04:53:33 am »

We either need 6-8 or 14.  Nine is dangerous.

We need at least 54 Senators to overcome the McCain/Collins types. Better is 58.  The problem with winning 9 is we could be at 60. While that is great...if you are democrats who vote lockstep. It would hobble the R's in the Senate. Just as 51 has.

Simply put. A 60-61 R Senate would give us the McCain type scum siding with the democrats on major legislation. Of course, with a filibusterpruff majority... McConell would never trigger the nuclear option.

Now, with 56-59... he would have no choice. Conservative legislation would move forward to Trumps desk.

Anyways, That is how I see it
A Simple Bricklayer.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2018, 04:55:13 am »

We either need 6-8 or 14.  Nine is dangerous.

We need at least 54 Senators to overcome the McCain/Collins types. Better is 58.  The problem with winning 9 is we could be at 60. While that is great...if you are democrats who vote lockstep. It would hobble the R's in the Senate. Just as 51 has.

Simply put. A 60-61 R Senate would give us the McCain type scum siding with the democrats on major legislation. Of course, with a filibusterpruff majority... McConell would never trigger the nuclear option.

Now, with 56-59... he would have no choice. Conservative legislation would move forward to Trumps desk.

Anyways, That is how I see it
A Simple Bricklayer.

Not a bad point, and I believe politically valid.
The Republic is lost.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2018, 05:13:39 am »
Applewood wrote:
"So many people believe all Republicans are conservative.  Not necessarily."

That is a point well-taken.
But...

99% of the "D" party candidates are democrat-COMMUNISTS !!
Vote for them, and... you get what you deserve.

(At least I can in good conscience vote for the "R" candidate, even if I DON'T "get what I deserve"...)

Voting for any Dem is inexcusable today more so than ever.

Refusing to vote R is defacto voting Dem because there is no 3rd Party Pipe Dream that will leap in to protect everyone else at the behest of the Virtue Signallers.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:16:31 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 06:05:23 pm »
The “Senate” is not blocking it...5-7 lily livered Republicans of the Snowe, Murkowski, Flake, McCain ilk are blocking it. These 5-7 Never Trumpers have the power to thwart everything from Obamacare repeal to the Border Wall. It’s unjust, and politically stupid, to blame the other 43-45 GOP Senators who ARE voting for these essential items. It’s a bit of microcosm for what is going on nationally in the GOP.

True.