Author Topic: Surrendering To The Left In The Culture War For Trump: Was It Worth It?  (Read 4353 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Whatever helps you sleep at night, pumpkin.

:laugh:

I know....right??
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

They have fully deceived themselves into believing the lie that they are locked in some kind of political struggle against the forces that want to destroy the nation.   All they continue to illustrate is that they have joined forces with the very spirit and core of what animates the Democrat Marxists to begin with: a contempt for the principles that make liberty possible in favor of a man or the state;  the loathing of those they accuse of 'virtue signaling' for daring to suggest moral and foundational principles be extolled from the people who vote politicians into positions of power.

There is much truth in that statement - They provably prefer the tactics of Alinsky, and love the chaos of the Hegelian Dialectic... The end, they think, justifies the means. That comparison is valid as it can be.

And just like the Godless Marxists, they see this "struggle" as simply a political battle for powers' sake.  Which is why we are hated by the Left and Trump supporters alike.  I mean, how dare we place our allegiance in those things that both sides hold in contempt and consider an evil?

'Both sides' should be in quotes, but yes, that's right.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
They have fully deceived themselves into believing the lie that they are locked in some kind of political struggle against the forces that want to destroy the nation.   All they continue to illustrate is that they have joined forces with the very spirit and core of what animates the Democrat Marxists to begin with: a contempt for the principles that make liberty possible in favor of a man or the state;  the loathing of those they accuse of 'virtue signaling' for daring to suggest moral and foundational principles be extolled from the people who vote politicians into positions of power.

They hate that idea as much as the Godless Marxists do.   

And just like the Godless Marxists, they see this "struggle" as simply a political battle for powers' sake.  Which is why we are hated by the Left and Trump supporters alike.  I mean, how dare we place our allegiance in those things that both sides hold in contempt and consider an evil?

They *fight* for a man and/or a party that they have let themselves believe is their savior.

Screw principles they tell us - they lose elections.

So... they are really no different than the Left except in whom they place all their hopes and desires for salvation and provision.

@INVAR

My salvation is in the bag.

If you throw seed upon the stone the seed will not grow.  No you must prepare the soil if you wish the seed to grow.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

They hate that idea as much as the Godless Marxists do.   

They *fight* for a man and/or a party that they have let themselves believe is their savior.

Screw principles they tell us - they lose elections.

So... they are really no different than the Left except in whom they place all their hopes and desires for salvation and provision.

@INVAR

My salvation is in the bag.

If you throw seed upon the stone the seed will not grow.  No you must prepare the soil if you wish the seed to grow.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

You guys are doing a bang-up job of plowing principles and morality under the soil in order to sow seeds of Trump that you think are going to be your liberty tree.

Good luck with that.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Without principles to stand upon, your doom is sealed. The ground will fail beneath you, and you will find yourself fighting to become exactly the same thing as your 'enemy'.

OMG, step away from the damn pulpit --- it's obstructing the flow of oxygen AND your view.  You're missing how the people engaged in the battle for the country --- actually fighting for this country, not pontificating about it --- are fighting for the same principles you only preach about.

I'd have more respect for you if you joined the fight instead of hiding behind your words.

Offline roamer_1

OMG, step away from the damn pulpit --- it's obstructing the flow of oxygen AND your view.  You're missing how the people engaged in the battle for the country --- actually fighting for this country, not pontificating about it --- are fighting for the same principles you only preach about.

I'd have more respect for you if you joined the fight instead of hiding behind your words.

I doubt you'd find any more engaged than I in the TEA Party movement... But that was a principled battle... and very successful.

There is nothing, and I do mean NOTHING in your movement that is founded in truth - in principle - So go peddle your messiah somewhere else.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh??  You've not heard??

They've been reduced to posting sunrise and sunset pictures.

....to assuage their collective guilt, no doubt.

No. Those pictures are being posted because some folks are about done with the troll argument bullshit that goes on and on for 14 pages a day solving nothing.......kinda like what you do non stop.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Your historical ignorance is only matched by your empty and pointless rhetoric.  Ever hear of George Whitefield, John Wesley, Jonathan Edwards or Jonathan Mayhew?  Ever hear of the First Great Awakening??

I thought not.

The Declaration would never have been written were it not for them.  The Colonies would never had become a nation were the morality and principles that they preached FIRST, not become the ACTUAL cause of fighting against the Crown.   The fact you and most of the country reject even the discussion of first principles and morality as having any relevance but irritation, dooms whatever this pretend fight against the Left is that you think you are having.

Don't kid yourself, you're not fighting for anything but the same thing the Left is fighting for, just under a different leader and party banner.  You 'aint fighting for liberty.  You're just fighting for political power and party rule. 

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

No. Those pictures are being posted because some folks are about done with the troll argument bullshit that goes on and on for 14 pages a day solving nothing.......kinda like what you do non stop.

Bullshit!   Go play Mr. ToughGuy with somebody else.

I don't give a damn how big your fan club is on this topic.   For it only reinforces our point.

You're typically very practical/pragmatic about things.   So snap the hell out of it.   There's a real Coup going on right now.

THAT'S what we should all be fighting TOGETHER.   Would have been that way back in the hanging chad days.

There's a concerted effort by our Intelligence agencies/alphabets to overthrow/invalidate a duly elected President.

...one, too many people in here seem to dislike, IMHO. 

That's what gets me pissed off.   Live with it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bullshit!   Go play Mr. ToughGuy with somebody else.

I don't give a damn how big your fan club is on this topic.   For it only reinforces our point.

You're typically very practical/pragmatic about things.   So snap the hell out of it.   There's a real Coup going on right now.

THAT'S what we should all be fighting TOGETHER.   Would have been that way back in the hanging chad days.

There's a concerted effort by our Intelligence agencies/alphabets to overthrow/invalidate a duly elected President.

goopo

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
There were those back in the year who suggested the opposition practically out of the inaugural chute to Droopy Drawers Clinton amounted to a concerted effort---whether or not by the alphabet soups---to invalidate or overthrow a duly-elected president, too. That was also the argument deployed most frequently by his sycophancy against impeaching him, regardless that he was only too impeachable.

Donaldus Minimus isn't yet impeachable on constitutional grounds (his character is something else entirely), but it really does ill behoove even his most recalcitrant supporters to use in his defense arguments they (and we) denounced (appropriately) as grotesque decadence when deployed on behalf of DDC, or on behalf of His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There's a real Coup going on right now.

THAT'S what we should all be fighting TOGETHER.   

That's funny right there.

I don't care who you are - but that's damn funny!

After the last two years of the targeted vitriol simply because we didn't vote or support your prince, I don't trust you people enough to fight tooth decay together.

After all, aren't we who have not bent the knee to Trump, traitors and enemies of the country according to you and your compatriots?

Offline roamer_1

There's a real Coup going on right now.

THAT'S what we should all be fighting TOGETHER.

Yes, there certainly is. There is a real attempt to redefine Conservatism into something that its not - There's your coup.

And that is what puts me directly against YOU (all y'all).

I don't give a shit about the enemy outside the gate. The enemy within is far worse.

The principles of Conservatism, which you and yours treat with disdain are the only thing that forged alliance between us. That alliance is no longer valid. That trust has been broken. I stand for (and fight for) the very same things I always have, so it isn't me that broke that trust.

You want to know why there is division, look in the mirror.

Online DB

It's the Crips and Bloods in a turf war certain their lives depend on taking out the other.

One side says if you don't join them you are supporting the other. The other side says the same thing.

I refuse to play that game.

I will not help those who want to enslave me by ignoring the constitution and spending my and my children's future into oblivion.

Offline Axeslinger

@DCPatriot
And there’s the rub.  You all are utterly and completely incapable of acknowledging that those two things are not mutually exclusive. 

I can dislike the reprobate in the White House AND recognize that the deep state is putting forth a concerted effort to overturn the election.  Why I can even do all that AND recognize that there are some things trump has done that I wholly applaud.

The problem is you all have made us your enemy because that is not enough for you.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axeslinger

@Right_in_Virginia
Few here care about your respect.  You’ve shown yourself to be nothing more than a mindless sycophant...unless of course you’d like to show an example?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia
Few here care about your respect.  You’ve shown yourself to be nothing more than a mindless sycophant...unless of course you’d like to show an example? 

Maybe this will help occupy your hours:  https://www.lyft.com/drive-with-lyft

Good luck @Axeslinger   :beer:

Online Lando Lincoln

Those pictures were the only original or new content of the thread. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:36:30 am by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Axeslinger

Maybe this will help occupy your hours:  https://www.lyft.com/drive-with-lyft

Good luck @Axeslinger   :beer:
@Right_in_Virginia
Don’t want your passive aggressive beer.

Intellectual honesty...you should give it a try.  It’s much better and very liberating as compared to being a principle prostitute to the politician du jour.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@DCPatriot
And there’s the rub.  You all are utterly and completely incapable of acknowledging that those two things are not mutually exclusive. 

I can dislike the reprobate in the White House AND recognize that the deep state is putting forth a concerted effort to overturn the election.  Why I can even do all that AND recognize that there are some things trump has done that I wholly applaud.

The problem is you all have made us your enemy because that is not enough for you.

Post of the week right there IMHO.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goatprairie

The problem with Trump is that while I do not regret voting for him to avoid Hillary, I still can't stand him. Even as I recognize he's done some positive things. And he's also doing some negative things....like the tariff threats and some other things. Somebody should have broken/stolen his Twitter when he got elected. I don't think he knows how much his inane tweets look bad to people who don't worship him. 
He's such a boorish, arrogant, egotistical dipwad, it's difficult for me to even watch him on tv.   My wife is much more of an enthusiastic supporter of Trump.   Meanwhile, she goes on a tirade against any other big name male who abuses women or cheats on their wife. But Trump she is silent about.
This morning she asked me what I thought about the Stormy Daniels affair.  I said while it's  not the same as the Clinton thing (Trump was not the president), and Dems are the last people to cast stones at Trump, it reveals Trump for what he is....an amoral, mostly insufferable, puffed-up clown/liar. I can't believe a word he says about anything.
But he is also my president, and I give him basic support because the people who are trying to bring him down are the worst people in the country.
The country can survive four or eight years of Trump, but more people like Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama in the WH will surely destroy this country.
What to do?  I guess I support Trump, but don't ask me to jump up and down praising him.

Offline Axeslinger

Post of the week right there IMHO.

Thanks for that @txradioguy

It’s a little telling that none of the trump brigade bothered to reply in any way.

Offline DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

ROFL!     Is 'THAT'...the problem?

You aren't worth my time...nor the trouble.   Your blind hatred for Donald Trump leaves you void of any reason/logic.

Offline aligncare

ROFL!     Is 'THAT'...the problem?

You aren't worth my time...nor the trouble.   Your blind hatred for Donald Trump leaves you void of any reason/logic.

That’s right, @DCPatriot. Why should the opinions of people 100% wrong about President Trump cause us any concern? They amount to little more than static.

That’s the best thing (among the many great things) about Donald Trump. He fights so we don’t have to; he’s rolling back Obama’s actions, so’s we don’t have to take to the streets; he is doing what the Right has wanted to do for decades – shrink the government; THIS PRESIDENT takes the slings and arrows so our children and grandchildren can inherit a better America.

This “author” so worried about capitulation to the Left is so full of beans and self righteousness, he makes a great playmate for the haters to while away the hours Amening each other, while realists go to work fixing things the Left broke.