Author Topic: Men, Women Who Left Homosexuality, Transgenderism to Rally at DC's 'Freedom March'  (Read 979 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Men, Women Who Left Homosexuality, Transgenderism to Rally at DC's 'Freedom March'

By Brandon Showalter  , CP Reporter | Apr 28, 2018 4:55 PM

Former transgender, bisexual, lesbian and gay men and women, including an Orlando Pulse nightclub shooting survivor, will be gathering in the nation's capital for a worship event next weekend to proclaim how Jesus Christ liberated them.

Attendees from across the nation will assemble at the National Sylvan Theater from noon to 3 p.m. on May 5 for what is being called Freedom March.

Daren Mehl, president of the group Voice of the Voiceless, says he sees the event as "an opportunity for those of us who have a new life with Jesus to come together in fellowship and praise Him for the love and grace available to everyone who seeks it [and] to testify publicly of the life-changing grace available to leave the LGBT identity for something greater," he told The Christian Post on Friday.

Mehl, 40, is a Minnesota native who identified as a gay man for approximately 10 years. Today he is married to a woman and has two children. He will also be at next Saturday's march.

"Jesus instructs us to love others as we love ourselves," he said when asked what he hopes this event communicates to the LBGT community, many of whom have been wounded by religion.

"When anyone spews hate toward another person they are clearly not operating according to the Holy Spirit," Mehl said. "It is extremely sad when this happens and I hope that [Christians] would be convicted of their sin and repent and reconcile with those they hurt."

He told CP that when he encountered the Gospel his entire value system, purpose for living, and beliefs about who he is changed, including his sexual identity.

"Jesus asked me to lay down my identity at His feet and surrender it for a new one in Him. I decided the gay label and lifestyle didn't align to my desired identity as a Christian. Trying to align my choices in behavior to my Christian identity took years of struggling, and sometimes it was quite painful," he said.

He believes this Freedom March is necessary to showcase the many formerly LGBT lives that Jesus has transformed and to encourage those who are struggling with their sexuality and are seeking answers, many of whom often feel they are alone.

"They are not alone," he stressed.

Luis Javier Ruiz, a survivor of the June 2016 massacre at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, where 49 people were murdered by Omar Mateen in what was at the time the worst mass shooting in modern American history, will be participating in the May 5 march.

"I should [have] been number 50," Ruiz wrote on his Facebook page Friday.

"Going through old pictures of the night of Pulse a memory were (sic) my struggles of perversion, heavy drinking to drown out everything and having promiscuous sex that led to HIV. [T]he enemy had its grip and now God has taken me from that moment and has given me Christ Jesus. I've grown to know [H]is love in a deeper level."

Ruiz lost several friends that night.

"I should [have] been number 50," he reiterated, "but now I have the chance to live in relationship and not religion, not just loving Christ but being in love with Christ and sharing [H]is love. I know who I am and I am not defined with who the enemy says I used to be but who Christ Jesus says I am."......

https://www.christianpost.com/news/men-women-who-left-homosexuality-transgenderism-rally-freedom-
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline endicom

In DC? I hope they're not arrested for hate speech.

Offline Chosen Daughter

In DC? I hope they're not arrested for hate speech.

Or maybe it would be good so that we all could see how oppressive our government has become.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nah, they'll be ignored and treated like they don't exist. It's the most effective way to continue pushing that agenda.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
God bless them.

Offline Chosen Daughter

God bless them.

Amen! That is being light in darkness.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Amen! That is being light in darkness.

I can't even imagine how difficult it is for them.  We all have burdens, but those are very heavy.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I can't even imagine how difficult it is for them.  We all have burdens, but those are very heavy.

True.  The homosexual agenda is a Spiritual battle for all of us.  They are putting themselves at the frontline of the demonic lies attached to LGBTQ.  I believe they are saying God send me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:49:42 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Did people hear about this, one of the survivors from the Pulse Nightclub shooting has shaken off his gayness. I'm not sure how one would describe it. Not sure if anyone posted on this either.

Pulse nightclub survivor to attend ‘Freedom March’ led by ex-gay, ex-transgenders
Doug Mainwaring

WASHINGTON DC, May 3, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Ex-gays and and ex-transgenders will prayerfully rally and march in Washington, D.C. this weekend to proclaim the freedom they have found through Jesus Christ.

What is perhaps most striking about the lineup of speakers for the rally, which will be Saturday at the outdoor Sylvan Theatre on the Washington Monument grounds, is their youth and racial diversity. 

Luis Ruiz, who survived Orlando, Florida’s horrific Pulse Nightclub massacre two years ago where 49 were killed, said, “I should have been number 50!”

Read more at: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pulse-nightclub-survivor-to-attend-freedom-march-led-by-ex-gay-ex-transgend

Offline MOD3

Topics merged.