Author Topic: Robert Mueller’s investigation of Trump ‘needs to conclude,’ Jeff Sessions says  (Read 949 times)

rangerrebew

Robert Mueller’s investigation of Trump ‘needs to conclude,’ Jeff Sessions says
By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, April 26, 2018

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Thursday that an ongoing probe into President Trump “needs to conclude” in order to let him focus on North Korea, the U.S.-Mexico border and other world negotiations.

Mr. Sessions also said he expects the Justice Department inspector general to finish his investigation into the department’s and FBI’s handling of investigations into Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election in a “few weeks,” saying that will provide more information for decisions on whether there was wrongdoing.

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/26/sessions-trump-investigation-needs-conclude/

Oceander

The bigger item is the one about the IG’s investigation into the handling of the Clinton server as being over in a few weeks.  That heavily implies that it will be a “mistakes were made but all is forgiven” kind of report. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The bigger item is the one about the IG’s investigation into the handling of the Clinton server as being over in a few weeks.  That heavily implies that it will be a “mistakes were made but all is forgiven” kind of report.

Why does it imply that? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

Why does it imply that? 

Because if the IGs report was going to be more controversial, it would not be treated so lightly. 

But don’t let reality rain on your political wet-dreams if you don’t want it to.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Because if the IGs report was going to be more controversial, it would not be treated so lightly. 

But don’t let reality rain on your political wet-dreams if you don’t want it to.

I don't think I indicated a preference, so I'll ignore the snark about my political nocturnal emissions.  I'm also not sure anything is being treated lightly, other than your treatment of my genuine question. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline endicom

Jeff speaks! He's no Zardoz but he did speak.

I'm glad to see that he addressed the Mueller investigation.

Oceander

I don't think I indicated a preference, so I'll ignore the snark about my political nocturnal emissions.  I'm also not sure anything is being treated lightly, other than your treatment of my genuine question. 

If it was a genuine question, then I apologize for the snark.  But nonetheless, I think the fact that he made an offhanded reference to it implies - doesn’t prove, just implies - that there won’t be much “there” there when the report is released.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I remember that Jeff Sessions guy. Didn't he used to work for the government? He was in D.C. at one time, so I heard. But it is difficult to remember what position he had. Anyway, why would that Sessions guy be speaking out now?

I thought he was dead, or retired or something? Surprised to find out he is still alive. The last thing I heard about him, he was hiding out with John McCain.

[edit]
Attorney General. That's what he was. I remember now.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:01:22 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If it was a genuine question, then I apologize for the snark.  But nonetheless, I think the fact that he made an offhanded reference to it implies - doesn’t prove, just implies - that there won’t be much “there” there when the report is released.

Thanks, accepted.  I see your point.  I also believe not much will be made of it because Sessions has made a bit of a point of not taking political crimes very seriously.  I wish he was a feather-touch when it comes to civil asset forfeiture.  That's probably one of the biggest threats to this country because it incentivizes American Police to act like Mexican Federales.  Far more dangerous than letting Hillary Clinton get away scot-free.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I agree with the AG that it needs to end... but it won't.

Comey set the ball rolling when he showed only a portion of the dossier to Trump in what is more and more looking like an attempt to blackmail the President.

Kinda like saying "here's what we have on you...it would be a shame if this got out."

But Comey forgot that Trump has dealt with the real La Cosa Nostra and since he wasnt scared by what Comey showed him...we have the "investigation" with Mueller leading the charge and continually coming up empty.

But it won't stop the Libs from finding something...anything they can dig up to try and make it look like it was Trump and not Hillary who conspired with the Russians.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:57:40 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

Feel free to take it with a grain of salt. Just putting it out here:
Big Media Company Withholds FBI Investigative Bombshell For Months; Shielding Mueller, Hillary & FBI Brass from Publicity Disaster
Posted on April 30, 2018

A major media company has tabled and potentially buried an investigative blowout on the FBI which implicates Robert Mueller, Andrew McCabe and even Hillary Clinton, according to well-placed sources.

True Pundit’s Thomas Paine has contacted the editor of the mainstream publication and put the large publisher on notice: Either publish the story or True Pundit will out the players involved in keeping the story hush and locked down for months.

President Obama and key members of his administration too could be implicated in the story, sources report.

The publisher has reportedly been sitting on the blockbuster story for five months. Now, FBI sources who contributed to the story are beginning to question the publication’s motives. ...  More at True Pundit
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Not surprised at all.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

True Pundit says put the story out this week, or else they will.

My stand as of today:

The dems tried to steal the election several ways. When they failed, they kept on going. FBI, poss. DOJ, etc.

Involvement by security agencies, made partisan under Obama/Clinton.

But signs point to possible violence. Some retiring congress critters have stated fear of assassination.

Scalise shot. Maybe others threatened.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I am convinced, as crazy as this may sound, that the Global cabal, the American Left, and their allies deep in American government and the American media establishment, were so upset by the election of Donald Trump that they began a coordinated plan to literally 'oust' him with a soft coup and they intended to 'install' Hillary as President somehow. We do not know and will never know how exactly they planned to usurp Pence and the Constitution to achieve this fanatical goal. But based on the current evidence we have, negating the will of the majority of America and installing Hillary as President was their ultimate goal. And they were willing to do anything, to break any law or rule, to force that outcome at any costs.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DB

I am convinced, as crazy as this may sound, that the Global cabal, the American Left, and their allies deep in American government and the American media establishment, were so upset by the election of Donald Trump that they began a coordinated plan to literally 'oust' him with a soft coup and they intended to 'install' Hillary as President somehow. We do not know and will never know how exactly they planned to usurp Pence and the Constitution to achieve this fanatical goal. But based on the current evidence we have, negating the will of the majority of America and installing Hillary as President was their ultimate goal. And they were willing to do anything, to break any law or rule, to force that outcome at any costs.

Well the one small consolation prize is when Bill trolled the Republican party with his candidate for the Republican party he underestimated how strongly they would bite. And now he has to live with the woman that got the short end of the deal he initiated. I'm a little surprised he's still breathing...