Author Topic: Afghan military trainees in the US keep going AWOL  (Read 393 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Afghan military trainees in the US keep going AWOL
« on: April 27, 2018, 02:37:02 pm »
The Defense Department has reported that as of February, nine of the more than 150 Afghan trainees in the United States who went absent without leave, or AWOL, across the nation remain unaccounted for.

Afghan trainees in the United States go AWOL at a rate of 6 percent. Conversely, trainees from other countries go AWOL at a rate of only 0.07 percent, according to the special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction.

The numbers were given to Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., the ranking member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

In a press release, McCaskill’s office said 11 of those Afghan trainees who went AWOL were training at Fort Leonard Wood, in her home state of Missouri.

“The fact that there were ever Afghan military personnel unaccounted for in Missouri is deeply concerning, and I’m glad to get answers from the Defense Department showing that they’ve all been accounted for — however, it’s clear that there’s more the government can do to prevent this moving forward,” McCaskill said in a statement.

The trend of Afghan military personnel ditching their duties has been fairly common, according to a report published in October by the special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction, or SIGAR.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/04/24/afghan-military-trainees-in-the-us-keep-going-awol/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Afghan military trainees in the US keep going AWOL
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 02:42:30 pm »
Maybe we should tran them at club Gitmo.  All the amenities of the US but without the flight risk.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."