Author Topic: Mukasey: Obama Wanted Clinton Cleared to Avoid Being Linked to Her Misconduct  (Read 686 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Mukasey: Obama Wanted Clinton Cleared to Avoid Being Linked to Her Misconduct
Former attorney general feels previous president signaled then-FBI director to let Hillary 'off' the hook to protect himself

by Kathryn Blackhurst | Updated 21 Apr 2018 at 11:08 AM

Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey accused James Comey of exonerating 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton after former President Barack Obama warned the then-FBI director to “let her off” the hook.

Comey, whom President Donald Trump fired in May 2017, led the FBI’s investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server to conduct official business as secretary of state. During an interview Friday on Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle,” Mukasey said Obama wanted Comey to let Clinton “off” the hook because Obama believed, “If you wind up accusing her, you wind up accusing me.”

“President Obama was sending messages and receiving messages on Hillary Clinton’s private email server,” Mukasey said. “Jim Comey knew that, and when President Obama went on television and said, ‘There’s no issue here, she didn’t really intend to cause harm,’ what he was really saying in essence is, ‘You’d better let her off, because if you wind up accusing her, you wind up accusing me.'”

“Comey followed that lead. And the notion that this was somehow something that he had to do for the welfare of the country, there’s a lot of disingenuous claptrap,” Mukasey continued, calling Comey’s handling of the Clinton probe “outrageous.”

more
https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/mukasey-obama-wanted-clinton-cleared-to-avoid-being-linked-to-her-misconduct/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I have no doubt this is true. And from the scandal-free Bammy administration/s.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Funny, when Trump does anything remotely like this, the libs call it obstruction of justice.
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

Funny, when Trump does anything remotely like this, the libs call it obstruction of justice.

This is more construction of justice, as determined by James Comey.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Were Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder less "loyal" to Obama than Trump expected from Sessions or Comey?  Absolutely not.  Not being an attorney, Trump did not have the skills to nuance his language and actions, and for that he is being hounded.  The establishment -- including the FBI, the DOJ and the rest of the deep state, together with the MSM -- has been in overdrive since the day of the election attempting to delegitimize Trump.  I think that is becoming more and more apparent to the public, as Trump's popularity is starting to grow.

Offline endicom

Were Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder less "loyal" to Obama than Trump expected from Sessions or Comey? 

Eric "Wingman" Holder?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
i have this filed under "D" for "Duh!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

i have this filed under "D" for "Duh!"

888high58888 888high58888  Exactly.  What a revelation!  How long does it take for people to catch on for crying out loud??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.