Author Topic: Comey memo fallout is mostly fizzle  (Read 366 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Comey memo fallout is mostly fizzle
« on: April 21, 2018, 12:19:41 am »
Comey memo fallout is mostly fizzle
By Katie Bo Williams - 04/20/18 06:48 PM EDT

The public release of seven memos written by former FBI Director James Comey documenting his interactions with President Trump has divided Washington down political lines.

The president swiftly tweeted that the fifteen partially-redacted pages show the Comey leaked classified information. Some of his supporters have called for prosecution.

But outside of Trump’s core allies, the verdict is less certain.

Even some Republicans on Capitol Hill have privately acknowledged that the release of the memo might have been an unforced error, thrusting scrutiny back onto Trump’s alleged interactions with Russian prostitutes and off of Comey himself. Up until Thursday, the former director had been taking some heat for the personal shots he takes at the president’s appearance in his new book, which was released on Tuesday.

“I think there have been persuasive analyses done on both sides,” said GOP strategist Matt Mackowiak. “All that matters is, does the release of the memo affect [special counsel Robert Mueller’s] inquiry?”

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/384225-comey-memo-fallout-is-mostly-fizzle
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Comey memo fallout is mostly fizzle
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 12:22:56 am »
Well fizzle my snizzle.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."